Lookin' for a single La Scala

Shodrewken

I'm just putting a feeler out there to see if there might be any in my area. I already have a pair, but I'm thinking about finding a third to do a LCR for my ht to maybe replace my RF-7 II's and RC-64 II. I'm in Southern Cali, Long Beach area. I would prefer the finish to be black to match my pair, but as long as its in good condition I'm not too picky. 

I've heard a couple of setups which have La Scala's for L/C/R.  They both sounded better than anything I've heard at a commercial movie theater.

You're on the right track. 

+++

Friendly advice:  It's hard to find a single of any type on the used market when you want one.  It might be easier finding a pair then sell off your extra single.

• Like 1

I have a trio of La Scala's up front and have had a Klipschorn/La Scala/Klipschorn set up as well.  I prefer the lightning fast dynamics of the La Scala over the Klipschorn and I have plenty of subwoofers to take care of the lower registers.  You will love it!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I've heard a couple of setups which have La Scala's for L/C/R.  They both sounded better than anything I've heard at a commercial movie theater.

You're on the right track. 

+++

Friendly advice:  It's hard to find a single of any type on the used market when you want one.  It might be easier finding a pair then sell off your extra single.

I believe this will be a good move as well. Just for kicks a few weeks ago I disconnected my RF-7’s and put the La Scals in their place..  As much as I love my 7’s there was no denying the improvement I heard. Larger sound stage,  details in movies I’m familiar with were more prevalent, all around everything sounded better. Also I feel my sub blends better with the Scalas.

I know single speakers are more difficult to come by but I figure I’d throw the thought out there. I’m in no rush anyhow.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Shodrewken said:

I know single speakers are more difficult to come by but I figure I’d through the thought out there. I’m in no rush anyhow. 

Again, you are on the right track.  I have a Heritage Prices spreadsheet and it shows the average price for a pair of LS with Type AA XO's is $1226.  I have way fewer samples of LS singles but if you can find one they average $474 each.

• Like 1