Fortes in LA - market must be strong

tigerwoodKhorns

1 hour ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

A mere $1,000 for these:

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/ele/d/klipsch-forte-ii/6750053279.html

These are the very desirable black with augmented finish on the tops.

Klipsch Forte II Floorstanding Audiophile Home Theater Speakers - Pair - Black - $1000 (18845) hide this posting

image 1 of 14

01717_kOSJ9rBSSCB_600x450.jpg

00h0h_cgm0PiKPkC_600x450.jpg

00N0N_1WSwA6hCbEk_600x450.jpg

00b0b_hf2xDMkLTSX_600x450.jpg

01616_jazPNvnQgQ4_600x450.jpg

00X0X_4KoIAesRIvV_600x450.jpg

00w0w_gM058dWhc0G_600x450.jpg

00a0a_1HWU3ANXJux_600x450.jpg

00i0i_7qM7JCDcxgv_600x450.jpg

00R0R_bWUOlt1dgHd_600x450.jpg

00d0d_hPyNEKxqE43_600x450.jpg

00r0r_48YZj5arclm_600x450.jpg

00U0U_1giqt4XBvvC_600x450.jpg

3275.png3275.png3274.png3274.png3276.png3276.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
Van Buren at Wood

(google map)

Klipsch Forte II Floorstanding Audiophile Home Theater Speakers - Pair - Black - In good condition. Tested and working. The wooden exteriors of each speaker are scuffed and scratched. The tops have some bubbling, seems like moisture damage. One of the grilles has a white discoloration on it. Come in and take a look. (RCXXS)

Specifications:
BANDWIDTH: 32Hz-20kHz +/- 3dB
SENSITIVITY: 99dB SPL,one watt one meter
NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8.0Ω
POWER HANDLING: 100 watts maximum continuous (500 watts peak)

DRIVE COMPONENTS:
K- 75-K tweeter
K-61-K midrange
K-25-K 12" (30.5cm) woofer
KD-15 15" (38cm) sub-bass radiator

DIMENSIONS:
Height: 35-3/8" 
Width: 16-1/2"
Depth: 12-1/4"

ITEMS ARE ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS. 
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS ITEM AND WANT TO LOOK AT IT IN PERSON, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO VISIT OUR SHOP MONDAY-SATURDAY, 10AM - 6PM. 
There is NO DISCOUNT for having to travel a far distance, so please do not use that as a negotiation tactic. 

ask for Rich:
Woodcrest Jewelry & Loan
18845 Van Buren Blvd
#C5
Riverside Ca, 92508
Mon-Sat 10a-6p
show contact info (call or txt)
  • do NOT contact me with unsoli

Klipsch Forte I Speakers - $450 (Encino) hide this posting

3267.png3267.png3268.png3268.png3266.png3266.png3267.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map)

Pair of the original Fortes, in walnut. Cabinets were rough when I bought them about 6 months ago, I refinished them and they are much better -- but not perfect. Hence the price. But they sound great. Cosmetically, they are nice enough to you have to make a close inspection to find faults; in a living room nobody would notice. Grills are really nice. Includes the risers. I recapped both of them with audio grade capacitors a month ago.

If you pair the efficiency of these with a low power tube amp like a Gemtone they sound amazing and get plenty loud.

Quotes from the 1986 Hirsch review of these original Forte (Forte 1) speakers:

"The room response of the Klipsh Forte was one of the widest and smoothest we have ever measured."

"The Forte's low-frequency distortion was by far the lowest we have ever measured from a speaker."

"Our pulsed power-handling measurements.... Given the high sensitivity of the Forte, these inputs correspond to truly prodigious sound-pressure levels."

"The Klipsch Forte is so outstanding in a number of its characteristics, and good or better in just about all the others, that we cannot pass it off as "just another good speaker.. For one thing, it sounded even better than it measured."

"It is not easy to be dispassionate about the Klipsch Forte. Its distortion and sensitivity measurements are so outstanding that comparison with most other speakers is impossible. In addition, these speakers just plain sound so good that... we hate to send them back! In absolute terms, and especially at its price, the Forte would be hard to match, let alone surpass."

No shipping, no scams, no trades, no generic "your item" nonsense, no fake checks, no "is this still available I want your email address," and all that. Thanks.

13 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Are they worth $400?  At ;least the passive's centers are not pushed in.

Parts alone are probably worth $400 but not a money maker at that price, I'd probably only pay $250 myself for something like these. 

• 1 month later...

Hello, I am new here.  Have been lurking for a long time.   Currently have a turn table setup with a pair of RB61 II's.  Looking to step up to a heritage series for the right price.....

I figured I would throw an offer at the pawn shop speakers.  I offered $400 as I am looking for a project.  He came back at $800 and wouldn't budge bellow that.  So I am passing on these.  I would have gone maybe as high as $500, but no more than that.  I don't think he has a fair idea of the market. It will be interesting if he comes back in a few weeks if they are still there.

Edited by BadAndy