Art work or not

joessportster

Is it artwork or Not  

12 members have voted

1. 1. do you consider the rear cover on CD's Art Work or information

• Yes it is artwork
    • No its merely info / credits

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/07/18 at 05:00 PM

Would be interesting to add an age component. Unless you are of an age when LP artwork was actually designed and part of experience I’m not sure you re gong to get “informed” opinions! 

When end you think of Velvet Underground’s Lp designed by Warhol and the stones Sticky fingers or the Beatles white Lp and compare them to the back of a cd. .....seriously?!

• Like 1

Can be either or both.

4 hours ago, joshnich said:

Velvet Underground’s Lp designed by Warhol

Or The Nirvana Symphony ( Mayuzumi) with artwork by Yoko Ono before we knew who she was  -- not the newer album, but the original Lp from before 1965

image.png.e01999c0c0318d569e3e43195d9cd5a9.png

Who said, "I can no more define art than a terrier can define a rat, but we can both recognize the object by the reaction it causes in us?"

Well, if you consider the front panel to be ‘art’ then the rear panel is required to make the ‘work’ complete. Like the box the toy came in - the whole package should matter. As a side note my son at one time collected the entire set of ‘collectible’ Star Wars Pepsi cans, all unopened and still full of beverage. Rather than redeem them for the promo prize $ of $50 he saved them thinking their value would rise. Last I checked the collection still had not surpassed that initial prize value as many souls had done the same thing. And we learned that nobody wanted or cared about the drink itself. We were advised the drain the cans from the bottom to rid the caustic liquid and preserve the intact ‘pop-top’. So, are pristine CD cases worth more with or w/o a pristine CD? What about n.o.s. CD’s? 

Well you know since I'm sort of in the art world when I saw a French artist painting go for 60 million that was a series of parallel black and white stripes and nothing more I just shook my head in disbelief. I would prefer the chimp stuff which was much more interesting. There is another one of some guy masturbating in a wooden box that sold for big dollars. And that is viewable on the internet. You wonder about humanity?

JJK