Forte iii in SE Ebony Finish

CCNJ

I ordered a pair of Special Edition Forte iii in ebony finish with the silver black luster grill.  Anybody have a pair that can comment on how they look in person?  They look great on the klipsch website (dark brown/blackish finish) but I can’t find any online reviews regarding this finish.  I ordered them from Crutchfield and they say it takes 4-6 weeks. Thanks!

Chris

Hardly anybody knows what they look like in person because it was a Klipsch website exclusive for a long time, dealers couldn't get them.  That didn't work out as expected and relatively recently they were opened up to dealers.  Klipsch doesn't keep them in stock though, they are built to order, that's why it's a 4-6 week wait.  

On 11/30/2018 at 1:48 PM, Westcoastdrums said:

Cancel the order.   Contact @MetropolisLakeOutfitters.  Merry Christmas 🎅

I agree too. just got a pair of black on ash  from Cory. I was also looking to get the SE in ebony too, but am very happy with what I got. Probably not possible. but I would like to purchase just the grills of the SE. Is it even possible to buy the grills separately, not just the SE ones but any other type?

no matter what color or style you get, the speakers themselves are fantastic sounding. I've really been enjoying them. 

Thank you for your comments. I really liked the SE grills and also thought the ebony finish looked pretty cool as well. I will post pics when they arrive but it probably will take a while given the special order finish. 

Cory - thanks for the background info and I wish I heard about you before I placed my Forte iii order. You apparently have a lot of friends and very happy customers on this forum. 

Chris

36 minutes ago, CCNJ said:

Thanks Tomy2.  It looks good from the website photo.  Just hoping it looks good in person. 

I saw and heard some Heresy III's recently that were in the ebony finish with the silver lustre grills and they looked awesome. You'll be happy. If you haven't already contacted Cory at MetropolisLakeOutfitters about his pricing for the Forte III's you should. You might be surprised how good of a deal he can get you.

18 hours ago, CCNJ said:

Cory - thanks for the background info and I wish I heard about you before I placed my Forte iii order. You apparently have a lot of friends and very happy customers on this forum. 

It's not too late.   I would call Crutchfield ASAP and cancel that.   Even if they charge a small cancelation fee.  Call Cory and you will understand why.   Good luck either way 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tomy2 said:

I saw and heard some Heresy III's recently that were in the ebony finish with the silver lustre grills and they looked awesome. You'll be happy. If you haven't already contacted Cory at MetropolisLakeOutfitters about his pricing for the Forte III's you should. You might be surprised how good of a deal he can get you.

The Heresy III Capitol Edition are smashing in person. Got mine last week. 

45382085824_6e6360b27b_c.jpg

• Like 5