Klipsch RS-52 and Klipsch RS-52II, what are the real differences?

dademorrison79

Hello everyone, I would like to understand what are the differences between Klipsch RS-52 and Klipsch RS-52II? If the internal components change and if the RS52II sound better or not.

I can not understand why the RS-52 weigh 100 grams more than the newe model RS-52II and I do not even understand why the RS-52 can be installed from 1.50 meters up in the instructions while the RS-52II must be installed by at least 1.80 meters up.

You can help me choose thanks

David

p.s. sorry for my poor english 

The grille covers on the 52 are angled and on the 52 II they are curved.

The 52 II is slightly wider (by 4.3cm) and has a wider +- 3dB frequency range.

I attached PDFs of the specifications of the two that I found.

Recommended minimum height probably has to do with the difference in size, although you have to go with what works best for your room.

One may not necessarily sound better than the other.  Just slightly different.

RS52_635042119333830000.pdf

RS52IIcutsheet_635042121882700000.pdf

• Moderators

I have owned the larger RS62 and RS62 II and my ears could not hear a difference between the two.  The Version 2 have rounded grills vs triangular shaped grills.  Woofers on Version 1 are Bronze color while newer Version 2 are a nicer looking copper.

28 minutes ago, dademorrison79 said:

Thanks for the answers, seems that RS52II is a bit 'better but I can not understand why RS52 can' be positioned from 1.50 meters while the RS52II must start from 1.80 meters up to 2.20 meters.

I can only mount it at 1.50 meters, I would not want there to be problems with RS52II.

I am sure at the time when the RS-52 came out, that position was the recommended standard.  Maybe now it is more common to place a bit higher.  I'll bet it has nothing to do with design "differences", size, or performance.  My RS-35s sound awesome at 1.93 meters.

Bill