MEH Synergy

Starting to think about subs to go with a pair of QSC K12.2's for my daughter's band. We really needed some Sunday for an outdoor show. If I were not on the other side of the world I'd give them a look. Really looking for a one box solution anyway like a KS112 or KW181. Still, those you have are a good deal so I'd be tempted.

• Thanks 1

If you were reasonably local, I would welcome you in to take a listen to my main system.   I have another pair of them with my 396s and they would sell themselves to you. I wouldn't need to say a word.   These aren't your typical pro subs.   They dig deep and are very musical for 18s. They blend very well with my 396s crossed at 65 hz.   Friend of mine that is a bass head was amazed how well they blend and commented that he felt no need to turn them up above blended volume. 

2 minutes ago, wstrickland1 said:

I'm sure. Right now it just makes to stay as simple as possible, such as powered everything. I'm the lone roadie and an old one at that so I'm glad you're 3,000 miles away. I'd have them for the band definitely.

Haha I hear ya.   THE PROBLEM with these subs IMO is that they are notoriously power hungry.   For home use, that wouldn't be necessary.   I ran 500 WPC from the K2 to them and they sounded great, but a little too tame for my tastes.   When power is fed to them, they come alive in a comical manner.   These subs are well known in the pro scene.   I had powered new JBL subs that I borrowed from a friend and I HATED them.  I totally understand the one man band outlook however.   Gig on. 

40 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

I totally understand the one man band outlook  

and the band, well they're just no help. Literally I'm "YOU GUYS JUST PLAY"....don't touch anything else! Be around when I need to sound check (and they don't do that very well). They cover 70's, 80's and 90's mostly so intense throbbing bass isn't required. SQ vs SPL so to speak.

It's fun though I do enjoy it. It keeps me off the couch. Her solo stuff is pretty easy but band gigs can be brutal on this old body and they had (2) this weekend...

Just now, wstrickland1 said:

and the band, well they're just no help. Literally I'm "YOU GUYS JUST PLAY"....don't touch anything else! Be around when I need to sound check (and they don't do that very well). They cover 70's, 80's and 90's mostly so intense throbbing bass isn't required. SQ vs SPL so to speak.

It's fun though I do enjoy it. It keeps me off the couch. Her solo stuff is pretty easy but band gigs can be brutal on this old body and they had (2) this weekend...

Haha. Good for you.   Keeping busy with audio related events.   Your doing what you love, regardless of the toll it takes on your body (pregame with some motrin 😁).   These subs IMO are all about SQ and have SPL to spare for days, if need be.   I personally wouldn't consider JBL's JRX, MRX or PRX lines.   If you have ever heard those lines compared to the SRX line you would know what I'm talking about.   They are a damn bargain for the used prices they go for today.   I have these listed at $1k outside the forum and will be patient.  Who knows, at some point I may change my mind and keep em.   

58 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Haha. Good for you.   Keeping busy with audio related events.   Your doing what you love, regardless of the toll it takes on your body (pregame with some motrin 😁).   These subs IMO are all about SQ and have SPL to spare for days, if need be.   I personally wouldn't consider JBL's JRX, MRX or PRX lines.   If you have ever heard those lines compared to the SRX line you would know what I'm talking about.   They are a damn bargain for the used prices they go for today.   I have these listed at $1k outside the forum and will be patient.  Who knows, at some point I may change my mind and keep em.   

A little temptation perhaps. What a nice price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Crown-Macro-Reference-Studio-Stereo-Amplfier-760-watts-per-channel/332950431602?hash=item4d85646772:g:Ub8AAOSw1T1cE1dR:rk:8:pf:0

10 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Oh I completely ignored your link. Haha.   Yeah that guy is a flipper.  He collected about 10 of those amps and tried to flip them thinking he would get big bucks.   Him and I were in contact at one point when I had four of them and he tried to lowball me to half of what each was worth at the time.  I woild stay away from "fan is always on".   Something is wrong with that amp, whether is be a simple fix or not, that fan noise will bug you.   I scrapped the crown macro idea for myself....   The K2 is a damn good sub amp and 70% as good as the crown macro from less than half the price.   

• Like 1