Anyone heard of this "DIY" Sub Company? GSG Audio

MEH Synergy

"Good idea, but I don't know if that would be perceived as just signing up for self promotion, which isn't really great forum etiquette.  If you think it would be alright based on what you know about the forum, then I'll probably ask John (ltd02) to join."

What Kevin wrote me.   What say you guys?   I think this forum could Def benefit from these type of DIY, SVS forum guys.   Im sure we have several here thay frequent both places.  Lemme know what you think 

• Like 1

Hopefully he makes a go of it with this business, very cool. Always thought Erich at DIYsoundgroup offerings were nice but limited especially after Stonehenge and the anarchy went defunct. Maybe this guy will do an F20 flatpack, that would be really cool.

43 minutes ago, holtrp said:

No coarse theads. Lowes

Interesting.

I've had bad luck with those fine thread screws I've gotten from HD.  The "wood screws" from parts express are more coarse and worked way better.  They really grab the wood.

Anyway.  Don't want to derail the thread.

thx

jc

OK.  So we don't have the cutout, but looks like the Dayton driver is suggested on the website.

So the Dayton has similar cutout requirements like Eminence and B&C.

I assume Mods would be needed for the oversized 18"s like SI, RE, Mach5.

3 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

"Good idea, but I don't know if that would be perceived as just signing up for self promotion, which isn't really great forum etiquette.  If you think it would be alright based on what you know about the forum, then I'll probably ask John (ltd02) to join."

What Kevin wrote me.   What say you guys?   I think this forum could Def benefit from these type of DIY, SVS forum guys.   Im sure we have several here thay frequent both places.  Lemme know what you think 

Honestly, I would tread lightly on this one. The Klipsch forum and vendors have had issues in the past and it may even by a T&C violation.  

@CECAA850 From a moderator perspective, what do you think about this?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, twk123 said:

Honestly, I would tread lightly on this one. The Klipsch forum and vendors have had issues in the past and it may even by a T&C violation.  

@CECAA850 From a moderator perspective, what do you think about this?

I would think that it would be fine if he showed up on invite and answered questions.  Promotion or advertising here is frowned upon.

5 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

On the phone with the owner now.   This guy is awesome. I'm gonna pull the trigger on something with this company.   They are just starting up full retail to the public, but have been doing this for years.   Reasonably priced as well.   I don't think I can go wrong here. 

WCD: If you get a chance after having put some time in running these please update us here on how they sound, you're impressions, etc.. 🎶

WB

32 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I would think that it would be fine if he showed up on invite and answered questions.  Promotion or advertising here is frowned upon.

Agreed on your last sentence. I posted quotes of a text where the owner of the company said word for word the same.   

3 hours ago, jwc said:

Interesting.

I've had bad luck with those fine thread screws I've gotten from HD.  The "wood screws" from parts express are more coarse and worked way better.  They really grab the wood.

Anyway.  Don't want to derail the thread.

thx

jc

Yeah, they weren't really fine threads but they weren't woodscrews either. It was whatever generic brand of lowes #10 1" panheads they had at the time. I drilled a 1/32" pilot and they work like charm.

LTD02 John is one of the legends over on AVS forum. The DIY sub / speaker forum over there is totally legit. You really don't have to post much on it because there are so many threads if you do enough research you can generally find what you are looking for. 

23 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Looks like all that will fit comfortably is a pair of the marty cubes.   Any opinions on whether a pair of those would be able to best my pair of JBL SRX718S subs?    A Crown K2 in stereo or bridged mono are my options to power them. Thanks.   Music only.  No HT.   

Very different subs for different purposes.

The JBL are pro sound subs made for peak output in a large room, auditorium or open stage. Likely need to be high passed around 30-45 Hz to avoid being blown to bits from overexcursion.

The Martysubs are made for home theater and will not get as loud but will dig deeper than the JBL's.