Anyone heard of this "DIY" Sub Company? GSG Audio

MEH Synergy

47 minutes ago, jason str said:

Very different subs for different purposes.

The JBL are pro sound subs made for peak output in a large room, auditorium or open stage. Likely need to be high passed around 30-45 Hz to avoid being blown to bits from overexcursion.

The Martysubs are made for home theater and will not get as loud but will dig deeper than the JBL's.

Thanks. Pretty much what I figured.    

I have the Marty cube. It is a great sub and can keep up with my larger subs with closer placement.  I would not hesitate to buy one or two of the Marty Cube or any of the other Marty subs.  The guy behind GSG Audio designed my Deep Invader  and BackBum Buster subs.  He is well known in the DIY AVS forum community and is highly respected for his designs and subs.  His subs can stand up to JTR, PSA, SVS, etc.  It really all comes down to the driver used and size.  One of his subs is very cheap in comparison to the other manufactures. The true measure is price /  performance.  The finish is up to you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, derrickdj1 said:

BI have the Marty cube. It is a great sub and can keep up with my larger subs with closer placement.  I would not hesitate to buy one or two of the Marty Cube or any of the other Marty subs.  The guy behind GSG Audio designed my Deep Invader  and BackBum Buster subs.  He is well known in the DIY AVS forum community and is highly respected for his designs and subs.  His subs can stand up to JTR, PSA, SVS, etc.  It really all comes down to the driver used and size.  One, his subs are very cheap in comparison.

That was quite a helpful post man. Thanks. I should have everything up and running tomorrow (and I will chase the UPS man in my underwear if I have to 😂).   I'll see how content I am with the new Crown K2 and the JBL subs combo.   Never heard this combo before.  Was using the plx1602 to power these for some time now.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, derrickdj1 said:

I have the Marty cube. It is a great sub and can keep up with my larger subs with closer placement.  I would not hesitate to buy one or two of the Marty Cube or any of the other Marty subs.  The guy behind GSG Audio designed my Deep Invader  and BackBum Buster subs.  He is well known in the DIY AVS forum community and is highly respected for his designs and subs.  His subs can stand up to JTR, PSA, SVS, etc.  It really all comes down to the driver used and size.  One of his subs is very cheap in comparison to the other manufactures. The true measure is price /  performance.  The finish is up to you!

What's his user name over at AVS Derrick?

25 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

@Westcoastdrums  Did I start a new trend the other day chasing down my FedEx dude in my Jockey's?  I've ALWAYS been a pacesetter but I do have my Kodak moments!  😂  Welcome to the show my friend, the show that never ends!  lololol

Haha yes you did.  I wanted to see who woild recognize that phrase.  It made me laugh out loud.   Hey, we are junkies and do what it takes to get our fix I suppose?   

When you're waiting on your amp coming from ANYWHERE in a cardboard box at this time of the year?   Nope, don't need it bounced around anymore than it has been!  Gotta do what ya gotta do!  lolol  Jockey's, coat, flip flops and out the door!  lolol  He was laffin his rear off!  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Westcoastdrums said:

@babadono, there you go.  Your jubes found a playmate.   Throw an 18" B&C driver in there and rock it.   

Maybe....but I spoke with Kevin the other principal at this new GSG company briefly yesterday. He says horn loaded flat packs are coming if they make a go of it. Super nice guy BTW, thanks for his contact info @Westcoastdrums And they're local to us!

4 minutes ago, babadono said:

Maybe....but I spoke with Kevin the other principal at this new GSG company briefly yesterday. He says horn loaded flat packs are coming if they make a go of it. Super nice guy BTW, thanks for his contact info @Westcoastdrums And they're local to us!

Your welcome.   I know, that is why I created this post. I don't know where many here are located, so I posted hoping that this would help the majority here.   This company seems to fit in nicely with the go big or go home vibe that exists here.   Not to mention the price... 

5 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

If his avatar is that blue head in the picture I know who you're talking about.  He knows his stuff.

Yep. I have wondered for some time with all his knowledge/effort when he (and partners) would try to make a go of it. Mucho cool.

2 minutes ago, babadono said:

So they would welcome here for their expertise as long as their posts don't say buy our stuff, to heck with that Klipsch stuff? Correct?

They don't strike me as that kind of folk. They have traditional full time jobs. This is their side hobby that both are clearly quote passionate about.   One, or both will fit in nicely here me thinks.   Strike me down if I'm wrong.  No association with them and didn't know anything about them until I called based on randomly stumbling upon their CL ad.  

11 minutes ago, babadono said:

So they would be welcome here for their expertise as long as their posts don't say buy our stuff, to heck with that Klipsch stuff? Correct?

Pretty much but what do I know.  I wore an SVS shirt to the Pilgrimage one year.  I didn't think anything of it till Chad called me out on it.