Anyone heard of this "DIY" Sub Company? GSG Audio

MEH Synergy

23 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Pretty much but what do I know.  I wore an SVS shirt to the Pilgrimage one year.  I didn't think anything of it till Chad called me out on it.

Well I was thinking/hoping that since you're a moderator you would know more as to why some people who made "upgrade" oops sorry "modification" parts for Klipsch speakers are no longer around.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, babadono said:

Well I was thinking/hoping that since you're a moderator you would know more as to why some people who made "upgrade" oops sorry "modification" parts for Klipsch speakers are no longer around.

Save me a seat and a drink at the pilgrimage.  This could take a while.

For those of you looking for MDF screws I've had good success with self-tapping screws with star drive.  They do not slip when installing which would save your sub driver

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Grip-Rite-8-x-1-5-8-in-Gold-Flat-Head-Interior-Exterior-Wood-Screws-67-Count/1000365221

For those of you looking for T-nuts use the 6-prong and not the 4-prong.  The 6-prong can still spin but it grabs a lot more material than the 4-prong.  A 10-32 screw is the proper size.  I like to use hex-head bolts in black because they look cool.  You can find those cheap on Ebay.

https://www.parts-express.com/10-32-deluxe-6-prong-t-nuts-50-pcs--081-1088

image.png.9eeb4fa9f3d4715b1490a76dd52d9e47.png

44 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

For those of you looking for MDF screws I've had good success with self-tapping screws with star drive.  They do not slip when installing which would save your sub driver

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Grip-Rite-8-x-1-5-8-in-Gold-Flat-Head-Interior-Exterior-Wood-Screws-67-Count/1000365221

For those of you looking for T-nuts use the 6-prong and not the 4-prong.  The 6-prong can still spin but it grabs a lot more material than the 4-prong.  A 10-32 screw is the proper size.  I like to use hex-head bolts in black because they look cool.  You can find those cheap on Ebay.

https://www.parts-express.com/10-32-deluxe-6-prong-t-nuts-50-pcs--081-1088

image.png.9eeb4fa9f3d4715b1490a76dd52d9e47.png

Do not use those screws to mount any driver.

10 minutes ago, jason str said:

Do not use those screws to mount any driver.

You have ten times the knowledge and experience I have in woodworking so I defer to your opinion.  All I can say is that in my experience I've used them with good success in the several MDF flat packs I've put together.

What do you suggest, or what concerns do you have with the star-drive self-tapping screws?

4 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

You have ten times the knowledge and experience I have in woodworking so I defer to your opinion.  All I can say is that in my experience I've used them with good success in the several MDF flat packs I've put together.

What do you suggest, or what concerns do you have with the star-drive self-tapping screws?

Where the screw meets the driver frame it needs to be flat, using that type of screw will destroy a stamped steel frame and cause unwanted stress on not only the basket but the screw itself.

As for Allen, Torx, Square or Phillips i really have no preference as i have had no issue with any of them personally.

• Like 1