Anyone heard of this "DIY" Sub Company? GSG Audio

MEH Synergy

I can get a Marty Cube flat pack shipped to the Lincoln NE area for around $200.00 plus the cost of each unit at $119.00, putting the cost of each unit around $169 each.  Let me know if anyone is in the area and interested.   If time permits, I will flood CL, Marketplace, and as asked GSG on Facebook.  I only need one if someone is interested in more.

hey guys,

thought that i'd drop in and say hello.  

for those who don't know me, i'm a big fan of high efficiency speakers and have long admired pioneers such as pwk.  several years ago i read through his "dope from hope" newsletters and found it kind of amazing (and sad) that so much was known a long time ago and we seemed to have to keep re-learning it all over again.  :-)  it is also a litle mind-boggling some of the folds are on the heritage cabs--and all in a world before cad.

as some of you know, i try to help folks on various forums (mostly limited to avs these days simply owing to time constraints) with their subwoofer projects of all sorts.  we started the company as way to offer flat packs for the folks who wanted some good bass but found full-out diy a little too intimidating and/or time consuming.  

once we get situated with the core line-up, i'd really like to offer some horn designs and/or other high efficiency designs.  

as many of you know, the core line-up may not be the best choice for blending with high efficiency mains, especially for music.  perhaps over the coming months, folks can help provide a little guidance as to the kinds of products that you might like to see us offer.  no promises on timelines at this point. :-)  a lot of our products may begin as traditional diy projects as well, for folks where that may be a preferred solution.  

as an important point, if anything that i share ever comes of as 'advertising', please let me know.  that's not my goal and i hope none of my comments will ever be interpreted that way.  i just want to see everybody achieve their audio goals and will try to assist in that process as best that i can.

i appreciate all the kind remarks.

john

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Welcome!

I think that most here on the forum are sold on the benefits of horn loading.  Horn loaded sub flat packs might go over well here as we enjoy the efficiency and lower distortion that horn loading provides.  We also appreciate all the knowledge and guidance that people like you and Lil Mike give to the DIY community. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LTD02 said:

hey guys,

thought that i'd drop in and say hello.  

for those who don't know me, i'm a big fan of high efficiency speakers and have long admired pioneers such as pwk.  several years ago i read through his "dope from hope" newsletters and found it kind of amazing (and sad) that so much was known a long time ago and we seemed to have to keep re-learning it all over again. 🙂  it is also a litle mind-boggling some of the folds are on the heritage cabs--and all in a world before cad.

as some of you know, i try to help folks on various forums (mostly limited to avs these days simply owing to time constraints) with their subwoofer projects of all sorts.  we started the company as way to offer flat packs for the folks who wanted some good bass but found full-out diy a little too intimidating and/or time consuming.  

once we get situated with the core line-up, i'd really like to offer some horn designs and/or other high efficiency designs.  

as many of you know, the core line-up may not be the best choice for blending with high efficiency mains, especially for music.  perhaps over the coming months, folks can help provide a little guidance as to the kinds of products that you might like to see us offer.  no promises on timelines at this point. 🙂  a lot of our products may begin as traditional diy projects as well, for folks where that may be a preferred solution.  

as an important point, if anything that i share ever comes of as 'advertising', please let me know.  that's not my goal and i hope none of my comments will ever be interpreted that way.  i just want to see everybody achieve their audio goals and will try to assist in that process as best that i can.

i appreciate all the kind remarks.

john

The marty sub thread on AVS forum and a number of your posts over there changed my life! Awesome work and congrats on the new venture, I hope cheap, powerful bass spreads across the land like a pandemic. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, holtrp said:

The marty sub thread on AVS forum and a number of your posts over there changed my life! Awesome work and congrats on the new venture, I hope cheap, powerful bass spreads across the land like a pandemic. 

Powerful words there.   My curiosity is peaked.   Gotta hear some of these for myself.  

@LTD02 Welcome to the Klipsch corner of the internet. I spoke briefly with Kevin after @Westcoastdrums turned us on to your new venture. I am definitely looking forward to horn loaded designs that can be made from CNC machined flat packs. Very cool. Thanks for all your efforts and best wishes on your new business.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 11:21 AM, Gorm said:

Since all of his stuff is "local pickup only", anyone know where that is? I can't seem to find anywhere that lists it on his site.

I think they will ship 4 packs of any of their first three offerings. So maybe do a group buy? Or go crazy with all 4 all for your own.

• Like 1

Welcome @LTD02 good luck with your new venture!

Everybody loves a good sub project, and the flat packs make it so the more difficult ones are accessible to more people.

I too have routed out some sub projects! Made several direct radiating subs and a few tapped horns.

Thought about doing it for business, but didn't want to take the fun out of it plus way too busy with the stuff I should be doing.

tap.thumb.jpg.610cccf29bab8dad4920e91569245db5.jpg

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

I too route out some sub projects! Made several direct radiating subs and a few tapped horns.

We should try to collaborate! I have dozens of cabinet designs in CAD, but I don't know CNC G-code. I'm learning from Peter Smid's book, but it's slow going because it's really not well-written.

I'm in St. Charles, MO.

51 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

Welcome @LTD02 good luck with your new venture!

Everybody loves a good sub project, an the flat packs make it so the more difficult ones are accessible to more people.

I too route out some sub projects! Made several direct radiating subs and a few tapped horns.

Thought about doing it for business, but didn't want to take the fun out of it plus way to busy with the stuff I should be doing.

tap.thumb.jpg.610cccf29bab8dad4920e91569245db5.jpg

Looks a lot like a 25Hz Anarchy tapped horn sub??

Oh and welcome John we look forward to your offerings!

• Like 1