Anyone heard of this "DIY" Sub Company? GSG Audio

MEH Synergy

• 1 month later...

Just ran across this topic. The Full Marty subs are excellent.  I built four of them.  They are still in my room.  I modified the process a bit and placed the driver on the end of the cabinet.  However, they are BIG and they are Heavy!  I built mine with 18mm baltic birch.  Flat packs would be great for anyone who does not care to do a build.

BTW, if LTD02 is the same as from the AVS forum, he was awesome to work with.  He helped me with my project and my modifications back when I built mine.  Very responsive and really helpful.  Has the heart of a Klipsch fan! Hopefully he will make his business a success. Great guy from my experience.

For those interested in the Full Marty I built, I am including pictures of what I did and a response graph while testing various slot lengths.  LTD02 helped me quite a bit with the proper tuning since I changed the driver location.  Reason for changing the orientation had to do with my room.  Currently, they are spread out in the room to prevent nasty room modes and they are oriented vertically, with the driver aimed at the ceiling, placing the driver up in mid air.  All my testing and Audyssey Pro confirm a nice flat response and they put out tons of BASS! The room 'side' picture shows two of the subs in their current vertical position.

Prototype.jpg

Slot compare.jpg

FinalFullMartysm.jpg

side_sm.jpg

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, babadono said:

Website is still up.  Hmmmm... Things get pretty nuts around the Holidays. Especially trying to start a new venture and keep your normal full time job, which my understanding was what these guys are/were doing.

I understand that as well. Figure that may even be the case but it's been about a month I guess according to my post date up above.  Wish them well on their venture anyhow.