Klipsch R-15PM and SONOS

TomGreene

So I am in love with my Klipsch R-15PM's and i love my SONOS ONE's but would love them to all connect for a more integrated home.  But i have a few questions

1. Will the SONOS Connect work to make the R-15PM's part of that eco system?

2. Can I use the R-15PM'S as unpowered speakers by not plugging them into mains/would this work - kinda bypassing the inbuilt amp?

3. If I can link the Klipsch up with the SONOS would it still require me to physically press the on switch on the R-15PM's?

4. Finally, if SONOS is the solution am I better off waiting for the new Amp to drop in 2019 and use my R-15PM'S as unpowered?

Any help, i'd be super grateful! 

1. Yes.

2. No.

3. Yes, if you use a Sonos Connect, you will still need to manually power the R-15PM on/off, unless you just leave them on all the time.

4. Since 2. is No, 4. is also No.

Bottom line is that the Sonos Connect is what you need for the R-15PM.

One thing to note - since the Sonos Connect's digital (optical and coaxial) and analog outputs are all live simultaneously, you could potentially even connect it to a second (and even third) system in a different zone/room, assuming you could make the appropriate cable runs.