Blueberry Extreme pre-amp issues

mswanson65

Hi All, I know there are some JM Blueberry users on here so I thought I would post this.  Mine just seems to have died.  All I have done so far is 1) put back original tubes, 2) replaced the fuse and 3) tightened the screws on the football shaped thing.  I contacted Craig at NOS Valves but he is too backed up.  So does anyone know of someone who can fix these?  Any help would be much appreciated!!  Happy Holidays!

Mike  

10 hours ago, seti said:

Have you had the tubes tested?

Where are you located?

Pretty sure it is not the tubes because i put the original tubes modern tubes back in and still NG.   I am in upstate NY about an hour south of Albany

Edited by mswanson65

21 hours ago, mswanson65 said:

Hi All, I know there are some JM Blueberry users on here so I thought I would post this.  Mine just seems to have died.  All I have done so far is 1) put back original tubes, 2) replaced the fuse and 3) tightened the screws on the football shaped thing.  I contacted Craig at NOS Valves but he is too backed up.  So does anyone know of someone who can fix these?  Any help would be much appreciated!!  Happy Holidays!

Mike  

Do you have access to a good tube tester? Another thought, is it a slow-blow fuse in there? Perhaps another fuse would be a cheap possible fix.

Wb

4 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

I've heard you can do the "9v battery test" with tube amps. Remove all tubes, turn on amp, then stick your tongue on the sockets to make sure they're still sending juice to the tubes..

@mswanson65 I have no idea of your experience/level of expertise ---DO NOT DO THIS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/4/2018 at 7:12 PM, Thaddeus Smith said:

Upon reflection, ty for chiming in. I assume, sometimes incorrectly, that everyone is at a minimum level of understanding and the snarkiness of my comments are universally recognized.

I can tell you from first hand knowledge never underestimate how gullible people can be when dealing with something new to them.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all for the great comments.  I just wanted to provide this update.  I ended up double boxing it and sending it off to RHB Sound Dezign in PA on 12/7.  These guys are pre-amp mod and repair experts and sell their own line of high end pre-amps under the Backert Labs name.  I got it back today and it sounds great.  They had to replace a faulty bridge rectifier to bring it back to life.  They were great to deal with, reasonably priced and very knowledgeable.  Highly recommended!  

• Like 2