RP-140SA Positioning

Drewski

Hi Everyone, 

I have a pair of RP-140SA sitting on top of my RP-250F speakers. The ceilings are low in my room, 7 feet, would it be better to wall mount them as height channels? There is not much immersion or noticeable sound coming when sitting on the sofa 8 feet away. Would this still give the same effect for Dolby Atmos content? 

Thanks,

Drew

• 2 months later...

Hi,

i'm also willing to purchase the RP-140sa Dolby Enabled Atmos Speaker and i want to do wall mount.

@mdsjeeper of course, there are much possibilitys to install speakers for dolby atoms in general with differents speakers configurations. 

But i think the main question for the RP-140sa series is, are there any sound disadvantages for Dolby Atoms sound if they configured as FrontHigh Speakers and installed on wall?

Because this models are defined as Dolby Atmos ENABLED (Upfire) speakers.

In the RP-140sa documentation Wall mounting is listed as well.

so i'm a little bit confused related  Dolby Atmos and wall mounting with this series. (for which sound configuration is wall mounting?)

br 

I would experiment with placement on top of your speakers. If it doesn't sound like the atmos isn't coming to you, prop up the x back of the speaker to help the sound throw further. Also, you may want to consider adding another set of atmos modules to complete the transition. I have a set in front and on my side speakers, and I get full transition of atmos sound from front to back in my 7.2.4 setup.

ok, thank you for feedback....so i will try some speaker placements.

but one last question regarding Dolby Atmos:

if the enable Atmos speakers are mounted on wall in front (FrontHighLeft and FrontHighRight) do we speaking from Dolby Atmos as well or not?