Excel Charting Help Request semi-solved thanks

USNRET

I barely spell excel. I want to add another data column that represents failure. This one shows how part failures affected mission completion but I would like to also show how many parts failed. One failure might have affected multiple missions i.e. a part failed but didn't have a replacement so I missed 3 missions awaiting the part. If anyone wants to play I can send the file.

Chart removed

55 minutes ago, USNRET said:

I would like to also show how many parts failed.

This is still unclear to me.  Your chart shows me 17 windshields and 17 engines failed, if I understand it.  Let's just say those are the only parts and forget about the rest of the bars.  Are you saying you want something to show you there were a total of 34 part failures?

Windshields impacted 17 missions as did the engines. What I want to show beside the existing columns is the actual number of windshield and engines that failed. An aircraft is in a  location where we have no spare part and it has to be shipped there which takes 4 days. The aircraft was scheduled to fly every day so I missed 4 missions but had only 1 failure.

Example using the engines I missed 17 missions but only had 9 failures. 

I have a hard requirement to use a stacked by year chart with vertical columns. The power point presentation has 68 slides and this one slide must be consistent with the others. After giving this review every 3 months for 9 years the boss wants me to have every slide built this way all the others are finished.

19 minutes ago, USNRET said:

I have a hard requirement to use a stacked by year chart with vertical columns. The power point presentation has 68 slides and this one slide must be consistent with the others. After giving this review every 3 months for 9 years the boss wants me to have every slide built this way all the others are finished.

You are right that you might as well just insert the text manually.  Just use MS Paint to edit the screenshot of the chart.