ROKU audio watermark....

Quiet_Hollow

Anyone else hear it?

Some backstory...We finally threw in the towel trying to watch YouTube on the primary system using our Oppo 103, and bought a ROKU.

What's not to like, right?

Fraction of the price, incredibly snappy performance, unbelievably small package....

until I spent some time with the audio.

Unfortunately it employs a pitch-shifting audio watermark that sounds just like old tape "wow".  While it's not a significant issue while watching movies, I've found it to be fairly irritating when listening to music.

Really bummed. :emotion-45:

9 hours ago, Quiet_Hollow said:

Anyone else hear it?

Some backstory...We finally threw in the towel trying to watch YouTube on the primary system using our Oppo 103, and bought a ROKU.

What's not to like, right?

Fraction of the price, incredibly snappy performance, unbelievably small package....

until I spent some time with the audio.

Unfortunately it employs a pitch-shifting audio watermark that sounds just like old tape "wow".  While it's not a significant issue while watching movies, I've found it to be fairly irritating when listening to music.

Really bummed. :emotion-45:

Hey Tom.

I really like our ROKU but I've never used it to listen to music.  With that info, I doubt I ever will.