Help choosing: Forte III or RF 7 III for 2.1 setup

WorkingEdge

23 hours ago, WorkingEdge said:

So after changing my mind about 20 times, I finally went with Forte III. If I went with RF7III, I’d want matching center, then better in wall and ceiling speakers to match, then a more powerful multichannel amp, and lastly my 55 inch 1080P 10 year old TV will have to go.  Not prepared for all that. Haha!

Trust me, I obsess over those kind of details in exactly the same way!

My ten year-old 47" 1080p TV died about a month ago and I changed my mind at least 20 times trying to figure out a replacement.  What brand is best?  What TV is best for sports?  Which one is highest rated?  Do I want a high quality 65 or lessor quality 75 for the same money? 

On and on and on...:wacko2:

• Like 2

On 12/17/2018 at 10:06 PM, wvu80 said:

Trust me, I obsess over those kind of details in exactly the same way!

My ten year-old 47" 1080p TV died about a month ago and I changed my mind at least 20 times trying to figure out a replacement.  What brand is best?  What TV is best for sports?  Which one is highest rated?  Do I want a high quality 65 or lessor quality 75 for the same money? 

On and on and on...:wacko2:

Well I'm glad I’m not the only one! The only good thing about it is that it delays expenditure...until all willpower fails. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Kalifornian said:

You realize this is a support forum for people with those same issues???

You guys are enablers. If I didn’t come on this forum I would not have known about Parasound A23 amp which I  “had” to get. 

BTW, what are those giant speakers everyone has sitting in the corners?  :  )

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Years everyone!

So I received the Forte III’s along with a Parasound A23 with much thanks to Cory @MetropolisLakeOutfitters

(One more endorsement from a newbie and first time customer for what it’s worth.)

These beauties sound soooo good that I’m listening to genres I don’t normally listen to into the wee hours.  It’s opened my eyes (or rather ears) to a so much bigger world of music!  I’m not left wanting of anything in terms of performance. I’m not a 2 channel purist so my .1 in the form of SVS SB13 ultra helps the low end in a subtle but noticeable way. I love it!

From a HT standpoint, I’ve been trying both my RP250C and the phantom center idea. Too early to decide which I like better but I do know my existing center can’t keep up and doesn’t really match. Interestingly, if I clear out the center column on that thing I use for a stand, it’ll fit a Heresy III nicely!  Food for thought although I won’t be able to place components except on top since sides are too narrow by an inch. Oh well. 

Also, during my “internet researching” the amount I learned here has been very enlightening. Thanks everyone for sharing!

Steven

image.jpg

• Like 3

congrats on your new gear. Great sounding speakers. I got the Forte III's from Cory about a month ago- also in black ash and have been really enjoying them. I'm just using them in a two channel- no sub setup. Feeding them a well mastered recording is heaven. Like you I have been on a music buying spree lately listening to different artists that I usually haven't listened to in the past because of the new setup. Enjoy!