Not loud enough....maybe I am losing my hearing!

oldmako

I've got an older Denon 3600ish HT receiver (oddly enough, the number isn't listed on the face) which I picked up from Clist.  It's mated with a C-7 center, a 13inch Klipsch sub and a brand new (to me anyway) pair of KG5.5's (oiled walnut and PERFECT).

So I'm watching music on YouTube and along comes Stugil Simpson and 'A Call to Arms'.  I lean on the YES button a bit and start smiling.  I lean on it again and.....   I reached the end of the MacDaddy volumetrics but it wasn't nearly loud enough.  It was loud, but the neighbors were still sleeping.  I sure don't have this problem with my 2 channel KLF30 set up.  What the hell?

I poured over the online manual as best I could but cannot find anything that seems to limit the upper end of the volume.  Should I be able to?  Is this normal?   The receiver boasts just at 100-120 wpc so it can't be the juice.

Any ideas?

ps...astonishing bass from these KG5.5's.   Who needs the sub?

Depending how you were accessing youtube, the playback has its own volume control.

What mode were you running in? Sounds like a 5-ch mode? I bet this AVR is maxing out its power @ 90 wpc with little dynamic power beyond that.

Try a 2-ch mode?

My AVR's have a max volume setting (Yamaha). I don't see that function for the Denon 3600.

Def two channel.   The YouTube volume slide is full right, as is my computers.   Messing around with Amazon Music now.   Will see if I can replicate.  Not a huge issue as I prefer listening to my KLF-30 2 CH setup more, but its pretty cool to put Mark Knopfler (or Itzhak Perlman) up on the 75" and crank the big knob.