Setup Guide for Denon AVR + Klipsch SW, Klipsch Quintent

4MC

I've finally made the jump from a Bose "simple" home theater 5.1 system to a new Dennon AVR3400X with a Klipsch R100SW and Klipsch Quintet 5.1 speakers.

The Denon has a setup that uses a mic on a stand, the R100SW has switches and dials on the back and I've not found any documentation that says HOW to actually use them. 

So, my question is, can anyone point me to a setup guide(not necessarily specific to the Denon) that shows how to at least set the R100SW up in conjunction with everything else...

Thanks. ++Mark.

I have had and currently have Denon AVR's with Audessy room EQ just as your 3400 has.  If you have the sub plugged in, generally you have to turn down the volume/gain on the sub when performing the Audessy EQ using the mic.  If you have the Denon plugged in (via HDMI) to a TV you'll see the instructions on the screen, just follow them.  All speakers will be tested including the sub and then "save" the settings when done.  Once done, I always play a "bass" related tune to adjust the listening level of the sub.  You can do this on the sub itself with the volume/gain and/or in the Denon with the per channel/speaker attenuation.  There is likely also a crossover frequency dial on the sub which you should coordinate with the Denon's settings for when to crossover to the sub (frequency ... say 100 or 80 Hz).  Again, set these up and do a "bass" listening test and adjust for what you like music or HT wise.  Good luck.

• Like 1

Audessy  will set the sub very hot for my taste.

I have over 50 Blu-ray concerts and the bass tracks are all over the place.

I am not familiar with your sub but once you get everything set up I vary the sub output volume with the controls on the sub. Even then I try to just leave it alone unless the bass is to overwhelming on a particular disc.

• Like 1