Troubles with a new set of R-51PM

jussin

Hi!

Just got these and thought to ask if some issues could be solved before I take these back.

1. There is a default setting of dynamic bass eq that is way too much to my liking. It can be disabled by pressing the sub button a few seconds from the remote, but there is no documented way to disable it permanently, so it's pretty annoying. Can it be done?

2. The auto power on from music coming into the speakers works, but I will be using the AUX input, and when I put music in the AUX the speakers start up in what appears to be the USB mode (blue led). So it basically is not working at all. And also if it worked, I would also have to then disable the dynamic bass eq separately anyway. Is there a way to make the auto power start the AUX when AUX is used?

3. The "quiet hiss" from the powered on devices is louder than in any device I've had. It's the same with every input source and only shuts when mute is pressed from remote. Increasing the stand by volume without audio doesn't make it louder though. This are to be 1-1.5 meters away from my ears on the table, so it definately is noticeable. Just a feature?

4. The tweeter on the master speaker was not straight. I measured a 1mm misalignment from the edges of it to the casing. It caught my eye pretty soon and these will be on my table so I'll be watching them from a close distance and these kind of things don't suit my ocd.

• 2 weeks later...

The hiss may be there because you don't respect the minimum distance (check the specs).

Check if there is a firmware upgrade (for issues 1 and 2).

If not satisfied, send them back. The box may have been handled roughly in transport.

I recently bought a pair of RP160m, which are passive speakers, hooked to a budget Denon receiver, and they are absolutely brilliant, with no hiss at all.

• 3 months later...

Same here. 

The dynamic bass creates a very artificial booming sound. I press the "Sub" for 2 seconds as indicated by the instructions, it goes off and then it returns ...

I don't know how. It would be nice to get rid of this feature permanently. It ruins the experience.

I don't even know if it is on or off, I have to experiment with the remote to make sure.