BUILT FROM SCRATCH BELLES

longdrive03

Built the separate bass bin and tophat for a friend using Crites 15" cast frame woofers, K500 horns and xovers purchased from a forum member (Thanks Al) wit K77 tweeters.  The tophat is movable and the risers are covered with felt on the bottom to prevent scratching the cabinets.   Cherry veneer with poly finish and rubbed down with 0000 steel wool and finishing wax.  Custom made new 1/2" ply grills with hidden neo magnets.

IMG_5840.JPG

IMG_5843.JPG

• Like 14

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 11:41 PM, longdrive03 said:

Thanks guys. Sound good. Owner loves them. Fit great in his kitchen.   I used 3/4” BB ply throughout except for sides of bass bin I used 1.25” ply to cut down vibration. 

You cheated us out of a build thread! I love build treads! Yours in particular!

Very nice work!

• Like 1

On 12/7/2018 at 2:44 PM, longdrive03 said:

Built the separate bass bin and tophat for a friend using Crites 15" cast frame woofers, K500 horns and xovers purchased from a forum member (Thanks Al) wit K77 tweeters.  The tophat is movable and the risers are covered with felt on the bottom to prevent scratching the cabinets.   Cherry veneer with poly finish and rubbed down with 0000 steel wool and finishing wax.  Custom made new 1/2" ply grills with hidden neo magnets.

IMG_5840.JPG

IMG_5843.JPG

Very nice.

Only Dave would have Belle in the Kitchen, 50's mahogany khorn in the den, Ken's La Scala in the living room, cornwall in thegarage, and industrial la scala in the basement and all his kids have heresy's in their bedrooms. He does need bathroom speakers LOL......

• Like 1