Lights and Music-Almost can't believe I'm asking this.

dbomberger

OK, strolling through the local Walmart today looking for Christmas Decoration oddities for a little project and discovered little strings of lights that are battery operated and sync with your music.  Well for $8.00, what do you expect, but I have to say it is kind of fun.  Got me to thinking (always a dangerous proposition) about how this might be done with various "rope lights" that are used for various purposes. Any ideas? I'm sure its probably "a thing" but I don't even know where to start.  Must have been those Grateful Dead and Jefferson Airplane light shows causing me "flashbacks".  Still, I'd be interested to hear what kind of a device is used to accomplish this.

• Moderators

Sounds like fun, I laughed when I read what you said...........

21 hours ago, dbomberger said:

Must have been those Grateful Dead and Jefferson Airplane light shows causing me "flashbacks".

I laughed because a son in law some gave me something, it reminds me of what you said. It's a laser light machine with 4 colors and probably 50 patterns that move around.  

To go with it he gave me a fog machine, we have only tried them a couple of times, it's really crazy. If I only had a nightclub I would be set. :lol: They both work great, you can only run the fog machine a few seconds to fill a 25x35 room, have to say I always wanted a fog machine. :blush: I pointed the laser outside once and it brightly lit up moving patterns on the trees across the street 200' away.

I know, it's crazy

s-l1600.jpg

hurricane-1300-RIGHT.jpg

• Like 1