Wanted RB-75’s. Maybe RB-5’s

Pats3of4

RB-75’s don’t come up often. I’ve owned them and they were very good. I also owned the RB-5’s and didn’t care for them. The newer RP-160’s I was very impressed with. Some places had them on sale for 300 a pair shipped recently. They’re on eBay pretty often around 300 shipped as well. Another option if you get the the Fry’s emails they just had the RB61 II’s for $190 with promo code. Best of luck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Pats3of4 said:

Really looking for some RB-75’s.  Anyone please have a set they will sell?

Hey brother, long time no see!   Hope things are well with you and yours.

+++

I think you are smart to look for them here even though I don't remember offhand anybody who posts here who has them, but you never know.

The problem you already know, the RB-75's have legendary status amongst Klipsch owners and are rarely seen on the used market.  I doubt that I've seen one pair per year for sale.  If you want RB-75's you should hold out for them.

Good luck with your search. 

-Dave

• Thanks 1

75's are awesome I just sold a pair locally to @HOGFAN maybe he will chime in with his thoughts. I waited for a long time to find a pair and you should consider the same. While I waited for a pair to come available I did buy some Rb-5's. I thought they were great for what they are, I used them in the bedroom. They are worth the wait.

I have a pair of RP-160's waiting to audition really curious how they stack up to the older reference series.

The RB-75's are very sweet speakers, especially for a bookshelf speaker.  I have had RF-7's and RB-35's as well.  I've never had nor listened to the RB-5's. To my ears, the 75's are one step up from the 35's, and two steps down from the 7's.  If you want/need the extra oomph, bypass the 75's and find some 7's.  If you are set on a bookshelf, the 75's may be hard to beat.  But, they still seem to be drawing anywhere from $500-$700.  The 35's can be found for around $200 or so.  So, if the 35's will provide 90%+ of what the 75's provide in performance, are the 75's really worth 3X of what the 35's cost?  To some, absolutely they are worth the extra $.  For me, possibly, but the jury is still out......

Hogfan

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, HOGFAN said:

are the 75's really worth 3X of what the 35's cost?  To some, absolutely they are worth the extra $

While I have owned three pairs of the RB-35s and thought they were pretty great sounding, the 75s just have that "special" uniqueness that I have never seen/heard in "bookshelf" speakers.  True compression driver, beefy construction, and of course real wood veneer. 

32 minutes ago, HOGFAN said:

The 35's can be found for around $200 or so.  So, if the 35's will provide 90%+ of what the 75's provide in performance

The RB-35s are without a doubt a true performance bargain.

Bill

• Like 1

21 hours ago, HOGFAN said:

The 35's can be found for around $200 or so.  So, if the 35's will provide 90%+ of what the 75's provide in performance, are the 75's really worth 3X of what the 35's cost?  To some, absolutely they are worth the extra $.  For me, possibly, but the jury is still out......

I have some 75s for a week now and they are next to the 35s.  Unfortunately, their location is at work where I have very limited time to listen to them at above a nanowatt. On top of that, they're in an all drywall room that is close to a cube in shape. I need to take them home so I can listen to them for what they're worth. Until then, like you, the jury is still out.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I have some 75s for a week now and they are next to the 35s.  Unfortunately, their location is at work where I have very limited time to listen to them at above a nanowatt. On top of that, they're in an all drywall room that is close to a cube in shape. I need to take them home so I can listen to them for what they're worth. Until then, like you, the jury is still out.

Maybe if we can work something out this week you will be able to listen to my 75s.  Combined with my RSW-10d, they sound like full range towers.

Bill

4 hours ago, willland said:

Maybe if we can work something out this week you will be able to listen to my 75s.  Combined with my RSW-10d, they sound like full range towers.

Bill

That would be great. My son and I just now signed up for a race in Orlando on Saturday morning. Give me a shout. 

Thanks Guys.  I saw the pair on Ebay.  They have been painted and the grills are toast.  I just got an RC-7 from ebay.  Shipped with no padding in the box.  I have had this happen several times- the magnet on the woofers snapped the plastic frame

BEE30C17-6E1D-429F-A6BD-3C0F5EDC6FA1.jpeg

• Sad 2