Anyone use PRV AMD25-50 or Eminence S2B-A adapters?

audiojerry

I'm looking for an adapter to mount my K-55 compression drivers to the Eliptrac horns.

I partially completed building the horns and couldn't wait to try them out with my 1979 La Scalas, and I am blown away by the results (more to come on my project), but I had to fashion

a cludgy temporary mount.

I am hoping someone knows of a screw-on mount that would work with the 2" Eliptrac opening. Dave Harris recommended the PRV ADM25-50 from Parts Express, and I found the Eminence S2B-A Aluminum 1-3/8"-18 TPI Screw-On adapter.  Would either of these work, or is there another solution?  

Thanks for your help! 

3 hours ago, Khornukopia said:

You will also need some mounting hardware and to cut out a paper or foam gasket to mate up with your horn.

The gasket part would be easy.  

The plastic body(?) seems like it could resonate. Should some kind of damping treatment be applied to the outside?

I'm realizing I've got a lot to learn about horns, and how important each lesson can be.

In my enthusiasm I couldn't wait to install the Eliptrac and try it out before it was finished.

I later realized that my cludgy attachment of the K-55 directly to the Eliptrac not using an appropriate mount

with correct aperture opening and dimensions grossly colored and darkened the sound. For experimentation

sake I added a few layers of gradually expanding 1/2" plywood increasing the length of the throat by 2 1/2 ", 

which greatly improved the results.  I'm sure that using the PRV ADM25-50 will result in significant improvement.

But I will have to wait 4 months before returning to Wisconsin from  my warm winter hideout in Arizona.   

k-55 w eliptrac 2jpg.jpg

k-55 w eliptrac 1.jpg

20181210_130958_Film3.jpg

Edited by audiojerry