SOLD They Are HERE! Klipschorn Museum Edition SOLD

Travis In Austin

• Moderators

These are SOLD.

Link to the brochure for 2019 Klipschorn Museum Edition can be found here:

https://www.klipschmuseum.org/blog/2019/1/5/one-time-opportunity-museum-edition-klipschorn-ak6-me-sale

ONE OF A KIND MUSEUM EDITION-KHORNS and LA SCALAs

The Klipsch Heritage Museum Association is excited to announce that Museum Edition ("ME") Heritage Speakers are now available for sale!

EXTREMELY LIMITED to only ONE Unique Pair of Each Model

• 2019 Museum Edition Klipschorn® Model AK6 - S/N 001 and 002
  • Museum Edition La Scala Model AK5 (due to be released 01/19), S/N 001 and 002

Both pairs will have Museum Edition-only features.Including:

• Exclusive Museum Edition exotic "one of a kind" real wood veneer (stay tuned)
  • Special Museum Edition grille fabric specially matched to veneer 
  • Hand selected and specially matched drivers and crossovers by Chief Engineer
  • Museum Edition metal plaques 
  • Hand signed by the Chief Engineer responsible for each of these new models

As with all speakers in the Klipsch Heritage line, these ME edition speakers will be hand-assembled and hand-finished by the Klipsch factory in Hope, AR, with pride.

All proceeds from the sale of these speakers will go to the Klipsch Heritage Museum Association, Inc. (KHMA) which operates the Klipsch Museum of Audio History in Hope, Arkansas. Your purchase of these speakers directly helps us continue preserving and sharing the scientific work and cultural legacy of audio pioneer Paul. W. Klipsch. KHMA dba Klipsch Museum of Audio History is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation.

The Klipsch Museum of Audio History would like to specially thank Klipsch Group, Inc. for their continued support.

To see the 2019 Klipschorn Museum Edition brochure please visit us here:

https://www.klipschmuseum.org/blog/2019/1/5/one-time-opportunity-museum-edition-klipschorn-ak6-me-sale

• Like 10

• Moderators
23 hours ago, Khornukopia said:

Looking forward to seeing pictures of the Museum Edition speakers.

Well lets see what we can do about that.

This is a photo of (from left to right) Ian "SETI" Moore, KHMA Trusee; Matt Sommers, Senior Creative Director, Klipsch Group Inc. and KHMA Trustee; and Jim Hunter, KHMA Curator, all reviewing sample swatchs for final selection to go with the venner sample showing the wood that will be used on the Museum Edition Khorns and Museum Edition La Scalas.

Travis

IMG_3277.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Can anyone venture a guess as to what wood is in that photo they are selecting fabric for?

Really hard to tell from that picture... I've seen figured rosewood from Brazil look like that in acoustic guitars... also some cocobolo.

I doubt it's Brazilian rosewood, but Cocobolo would be pretty awesome.

I'd also like to see some well healed collector just buy both pairs.

• Moderators
On 12/15/2018 at 7:10 PM, Schu said:

Really hard to tell from that picture... I've seen figured rosewood from Brazil look like that in acoustic guitars... also some cocobolo.

I doubt it's Brazilian rosewood, but Cocobolo would be pretty awesome.

I'd also like to see some well healed collector just buy both pairs.

It isn't from Brazil.

On 12/15/2018 at 8:37 AM, dwilawyer said:

@seti How was your day over there?

A visit to Hope where I got to hang out with Jim, Roy, and Matt is a great day not to mention the audio history updates. Too cool!!!!! Got to help Jim with a few things in the museum and got to see the mystery veneer and grill cloth in person. The veneer is amazing someone is going to get something special. I was also lucky enough to be there for the uncrating of the Vitavox Khorn. I also left a piece for the museum which was a K5 used with a Leslie organ. Now Jim can leave the grillcloth on the other khorn with an example of the K5 on top.

IMG_4841.jpeg

• Like 2