SOLD They Are HERE! Klipschorn Museum Edition SOLD

Travis In Austin

• Moderators
On 12/18/2018 at 8:08 PM, Westcoastdrums said:

Ok NOW that the LA scalas are yours, here's the good news, they are $20k, but they beautiful and they certainly sound heavenly. 

We are going to have excellent pricing on these.  100% of proceeds go to KHMA/Museum to help keep the doors open for one more year.

Travis

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

We are going to have excellent pricing on these.  100% of proceeds to to KHMA/Museum to help keep the doors open for one more year.

Travis

Didn't mean to comment in a negative light.  Awesome that someone wants to jump on these and awesome cause the proceeds are going to of course.   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

We are going to have excellent pricing on these.  100% of proceeds to to KHMA/Museum to help keep the doors open for one more year.

Travis

Travis, any idea on timing of their sale or more definitive information? I did see the date 12/18 referenced above.

Wb

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Didn't mean to comment in a negative light.  Awesome that someone wants to jump on these and awesome cause the proceeds are going to of course.   

I didn't take it in a negative light at all, just some good natured humor, however, I didn't want people to think LS's would be 20K either.

14 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

I didn't take it in a negative light at all, just some good natured humor, however, I didn't want people to this LS's would be 20 K either.

Haha I hear ya. Me neither.  That was an attempt to shake the piggy bank and see if I could guess how many quarters were inside.   Still clueless on that one 

• Moderators
5 hours ago, babadono said:

Won't more than one person want to buy these? Is it going to be a lottery?

That is a great question.

I/We are hopefull that many people will want to buy these Museum Edition speakers as the the team has spent a considerable amount of time and energy to make these, and all future Museum Editions, something extra special.

For this fiscal year Klipsch, our biggest corporate donor and sponsor, has made it possible to launch Museum Editions with one pair each of Klipschorns and La Scala's.  That's all there is going to be with this particular Edition.  This happened to coincide with the new model of the Klipschorn (AK6) and the new model of the La Scala (AK5) being released this year.

The Museum Edition design team includes KHMA Trustee and Klipsch (KGI) Chief Bonehead Engineer @Chief bonehead Trustee and Senior Creative Director of Klipsch, Matt Sommers; KHMA Curator @JRH;  Trustee; KHMA Trustee and President @guywithwine.  We have also sought input from Founding members of the KHMA such as @ssh and @MetropolisLakeOutfittersMetropolisLakeOutfitters (also a Certified Heritage Dealer in Paducha, KY).

The idea of KHMA working with KGI to produce a Museum Edition has been in the works for nearly 2 years.  

I hope they sell within a day of being launched and we can focus our efforts in building membership and involvement in the Association (KHMA) in the next few months.

I have yet to properly thank KGI's veneer vendor and their grille/fabric vendor, which I will do as we go along, but when we asked them to help us to make something extra special for a Museum Edition Klipschorn, they more than stepped up to the plate. 

If we have more than one buyer for each pair, well those are the problems I like to have; and I will try to find a solution that makes everyone happy and the Museum stronger, because at the end of the day, that's what this is all about.

Travis

• Like 3

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Wolfbane said:

Travis, any idea on timing of their sale or more definitive information? I did see the date 12/18 referenced above.

Wb

Hey Wb,

On the Klipschorns, we are in line for their next run, the veener is either at the factory or will arrive in the next day or so.  My understanding is the @Chief bonehead has hand selected and matched the drivers and crossovers. My best GUESS on the Khorns is 2 to 4 weeks.

They are getting ready to start production of the new LS model by the end of the month, and my best GUESS for those is 4 to 6 weeks.

I will update these time frames as I receive updates.  It is nice having Chief Bonehead in the plant for periodic updates, and when he is out of town, the Curator is just across the street.  Poor Jim, I think I have been asking him to walk over there nearly every day it seems.  People are going to begin to wonder if he un-retired.

There is another whole list of people at the factory to thank who jumped at the idea of making something extra special for the Museum to raise funds even though it would create some more work on their already busy plates.

I know a great deal of the specifics, and happy to answer any questions about these speakers either on here or by PM.

Travis

• Like 2

• Moderators

This is a sample of wood we will be using on the museum editions.  We received this a couple of weeks ago from the KGI veneer vendor.  The sample comes from the vendor unfinished/raw applied to MDF board.

One of the many people at the Factory wanting to go the extra mile for this special project volunteered to shoot it with a couple of their different laquer finishes. 

Again, this is a veneer sample, not the actual speaker, mounted on MDF in matte lacquer finish.

Feel free to allow your imagination run wild.

Travis

Matte 2.jpg

• Like 6