Walnut tweeter lenses

Dave A

This leads to a question I have. Many of you it appears decide to time align these by putting them on top. Do you want me to come up with something for this using Walnut and Red Oak?

What is the height from the top of the speaker to the center of the tweeter for those of you who have done this?

2 hours ago, Dave A said:

This leads to a question I have. Many of you it appears decide to time align these by putting them on top. Do you want me to come up with something for this using Walnut and Red Oak?

What is the height from the top of the speaker to the center of the tweeter for those of you who have done this?

Wasn't this suggested when you FIRST began making these replacement tweeters... I thimk so.

And it's a great idea, just as it was then

1 hour ago, larryk said:

Dave that would be a great idea.  Mine is currently 4 /1/2” from speaker to center of the tweeter.  I am sure there would be some flexibility in height.  

By coincidence, so are mine.  It was a height I chose purely for aesthetics, no audio comparisons involved.  However, I do have the tweeter driver aligned with the squawker driver.

~

6 hours ago, Schu said:

Wasn't this suggested when you FIRST began making these replacement tweeters... I thimk so.

And it's a great idea, just as it was then

It is easy to get dragged into making things because someone thought they were cool and then you find out very few thought so and there you go with time and material sitting on a shelf doing nothing. It has become evident there is interest in this so now I will look into it.

Hi guys
I just tried that wood cleaner on my H1’s
I will do a post on it but here’s a few pics to start you off
The first two are before using the product
Sorry I was hoping the photos would show how dad they where. But now they look like new
As I said I will start a new post on these and another set of Klipsch speakers
Where would I start the post?

b106aff19a6df3a06176edd34b7889f4.jpg8feb0bac48968c9f9ab0df44f572bfff.jpg18e9c0acf114cc2a64b2bd7241d217ba.jpge99cdb017f2594b88496e4e12d4f44a0.jpg659723f4f3e31efa8035c8c42b89392a.jpg

1 hour ago, Dave A said:

OK question on these. This is just a piece of wood 1.5" thick and will not stand without support. Is a simple rectangular base say 6" deep OK? Screwed to the bottom and of the same wood.

I don't see why not. As long as it is big enough to make it stable. High freq energy coming out of a tweeter is not going to move it. Just make sure that it won't stick out past the back of the cabinet if the user is setting the tweeter back to align with the mid driver.

13 minutes ago, babadono said:

I don't see why not. As long as it is big enough to make it stable. High freq energy coming out of a tweeter is not going to move it. Just make sure that it won't stick out past the back of the cabinet if the user is setting the tweeter back to align with the mid driver.

Well that will depend on what is needed to make the stand stable. I am thinking 6" x 6". No sense in making something to easily toppled.

3 minutes ago, larryk said:

Possibly if there was small piece of wood screwed or glued to the back side to help support it so that it would not easily topple over. 

So you think the 6" x6" base screwed to the bottom I mention is too big?