Moody Blues Days of Future Passed.....Live

Coytee

Being a fan of the MB's, I was surprised that I just now stumbled onto this.

50th anniversary tour, performing DOFP live in its entirety (for the first time live it seems)

Anyone heard this yet?  My BR just arrived today along with a couple others.  Not sure which one I'll listen to first but....am leaning here.

Probably seen them live 20 times over the years.... sometimes they were fantastic....and to be frank, sometimes, they sucked.  The best show was probably when they were joining up with local orchestras.  Don't recall the year, but that was a really knock out show here.

This one is also with a full orchestra so I'm looking forward to it.....  got the big ugly teenager speakers warming up right now as I open the packages...

:emotion-19:

Only saw them once, I think in '69. They were at the Kinetic Playground in Chicago. They were very good, even aside from us having done some lsd about an hour before we arrived at the venue. Never had the opportunity to see them again.

12 hours ago, thebes said:

So are they borrowing orchestras as they go?

I don't know the answer to this but this was recorded in Toronto with their Orchestra.

1.  It was a nice show

2.  As usual....  (having heard them so many times) I REALLY wish they'd swap out some of their selections as there are some songs I'd love to hear live

3.  Format was band playing a handful of songs....good stuff....good visuals although now with high def, you can easily tell they're not spring chickens anymore.  After the handful of songs, the orchestra came in and they played Days of Future Passed.  Since Tuesday Afternoon & Nights in White Satin are a staple in every show they do it was the other stuff that was of interest to me.

Over all, a two Thebes (thumbs) up!

I went to the concert in Dallas with Stevie Ray Vaughn opening for the Moody Blue's... o O (maybe early 80's) and Moody Blue's has been in my CD top rotation ever since.... one of the most fantastic guitar show's I've ever seen and heard.... previously had a thought provoking mindset (to the song's) which thereafter turned into an appreciation of 6 string orchestras... one which was ignited by Jimi in '68... and has continued to this day...

Anyone see their Long Distance Voyager tour.....  where they had the cheesy/schmaltzy satellite (Voyager) drop down and hang over their heads?

I just scratched my head on that one.  Fast forward a number of years (10'ish?) and see Pink Floyd Pulse tour....  and comparing that light show, planes crashing, disco ball blossoming, flames, bombs.....  oh, and the Moody Blues had their little Voyager clone hanging from above....

Even bands in the 70's had better visuals than that stupid thing.

(and this negativity coming from a big fan who's seen them in Ohio, Indiana, South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee....)

I'd rather they forget the flames bombs & Voyagers....  and mate up with an orchestra every time.  That strikes me as their lane.

• Like 2