Looking for some sound in bedroom

mr clean

Just wanting something for a bedroom system. Was thinking small one peice do it all kind if thing. PS sprout  100 was on the  list and some still undecided  small 2 ways. The more I read the more confused I get. Just looked at a reveiw on a Yamaha R-N 803. Looks promising. Anyone using one? Would be using for tv sound and spotify mostly at night.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mr clean said:

Just looked at a reveiw on a Yamaha R-N 803.

Have not heard it but read great reviews.  I owned an Integra DMT-40.4 network stereo receiver for a few years and loved everything about it.  It sounded great, very versatile, and affordable.  The Yamaha looks to be even nicer with a bit more grunt.

3 hours ago, mr clean said:

PS sprout  100 was on the  list and some still undecided  small 2 ways.

What about RB-61II's, RP160Ms?

Bill

4 minutes ago, adam2434 said:

Lots of amp options, of course, from small class D integrated amps to full-size receivers/AVRs/integrateds.  

Is space a factor, or can you fit a full-size component?

I was thinking small at first but it really does not matter. I have plenty of room for a reciever and im a dinosaur as I still want a tuner. They have the 803 for 499 dollars at accesories4less. May pull the trigger.

Was just about to suggest The Three... I have the pre-Google integration Three so I am using a Chromecast Audio hooked up to it and running Roon. For a medium-sized bedroom, it looks great, sounds great, and is dead-simple integration into the rest of my system. It is not a "stereo" solution, but I don't do any critical listening in the bedroom. But it's great when doing laundry, housework, and other bedroom-related activities. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 12/15/2018 at 1:31 PM, YK Thom said:

Look at The Three. Nice and compact for a bedroom or office.

It does sound nice, the wife likes the Bluetooth thing, it works well. 

On 12/15/2018 at 7:06 PM, thebes said:

Looking for some sound in bedroom

Some wine and a little tickling usually gets them laughing in delight.

And if you want more volume and your really brave, call her by the wrong name. :o:lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 12/15/2018 at 11:12 PM, kink56 said:

I have Crown SL-2 preamp, Crown PL-3 power amp, Nakamichi CDP-2A CD player, Klipsch Heresy and ENTEC L-F10 subwoofer for my bedroom system. I like it. 

I find that a bare chest and a Tarzan yell works better than a subwoofer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1