The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
wetowne

Heresy's after long nap.

Bought these new in 1977 retired them in 1985 when I upgraded to Fortes. I just dragged them out of the back of my closet today after 33 years. Amazing what a little vacuuming and some Old English scratch cover will do. 

IMG_0038.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I got 'em when I bought my first house. My son and daughter-in-law just bought their first house this week and these will be a house warming gift. I hope they like them. 

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, wetowne said:

I got 'em when I bought my first house. My son and daughter-in-law just bought their first house this week and these will be a house warming gift. I hope they like them. 

Generous.   So what LARGER Klipsch speakers will you be getting to replace these?  😎

i have the same set and grill cloth from 1978 that i bought from the original owner who worked at klipsch who had them built for him with hand picked walnut veneer

yours and mine are stunning

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Generous.   So what LARGER Klipsch speakers will you be getting to replace these?  😎

I'm still happy with my Fortes after 33 years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Budman said:

i have the same set and grill cloth from 1978 that i bought from the original owner who worked at klipsch who had them built for him with hand picked walnut veneer

These are the oiled walnut with the risers. I paid a little extra at the time. 

I'm waiting on Amazon to deliver some banana to spade adapters so I can wake 'em up and hear how they sound after all that time in the closet. 

Very nice, that's just the reason to store them and not get rid of them, they look new. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wetowne said:

Bought these new in 1977 retired them in 1985 when I upgraded to Fortes. I just dragged them out of the back of my closet today after 33 years. Amazing what a little vacuuming and some Old English scratch cover will do. 

They are a perfect candidate to be upgraded to a Super Heresy, which will give your other Klipsches a run for their money.

Hoarding speakers is a GOOD thing!  Eventually they always come in to play!  :)  Kids should love them!

• Like 1

Well I fired them up today no problem. Using a six watt tube amp and they sound great. These things love tubes.

• Like 2