Buying Advice: Owners of the New RP-8000f or RP-6000f?

hifi-guy

Hi Guys,

I need help deciding between the New RP-8000f or RP-6000f towers. I know that many say "There is no such thing as overkill", but I want to make sure my room also looks balanced. I have an approx. 1950 cubic foot room.  That's about 20 feet long X  12 wide. The thing is, the far back side of my living room is used as a makeshift home office with a sit/stand table and my laptop station.
So officially, its like I have a small rectangle where my TV/home theater area is. Maybe 15ft by 12 feet in the sitting & listening area in front of the TV. Pls see pics for reference.

Dimension-wise, the new RP-600s seem to be just an inch and a half smaller in width and depth. In height, the 6000 is about 3 inches shorter.

My question is, is there a big difference in sound quality or at least, a discernable difference in sound quality between the New RP-8000s vs the RP-6000s?

IMG_20181126_091611.jpg

IMG_20181126_091640.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/19/2018 at 6:26 PM, Scrappydue said:

Discernible......are you gonna use a sub? If so then get the 6000’s and call it a day. 

Hey Scrappydue,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I bought the 8000s because they're 1.5 inch bigger in width only and I actually like the height increase to have the tweeters at ear level for me (43 inches high).

Thanks for your input.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...