The New Reference Series from Klipsch

felipe

Hey y' all ! Its been some time since I've visited here. I have to admit, I did venture away from the Klipsch brand for a bit...only to find my way back with the new Reference Series. The current sale they have gave me the opportunity to get a pair of R-620F's, R-51M's, the R-34C and the R-41SA Atmos modules. Let me tell you, even though these are Klipsch's entry-level, SQ wise they can compete directly (or even surpass in some regards) to other brands mid-level offerings with ease. I've previously owned some of the RP offerings, and this new Reference line blurs the line between the two. They image fantastic, have uber amounts of detail, and no HF fatigue. IMO the only aspects that separate the two lines are build quality, drivers and aesthetics. Kudos to the engineering team for the improvements 👍 

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 1:25 PM, SDoutdoorsman said:

I am just looking at the R-820f and trying to get opinions between them and the newer reference premier line, would you recommend the reference series to save some cash without losing too much sound quality?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi SDoutdoorsman and welcome to the forum🙂. I don't have any experience with the newer reference premiere line, but I do with the previous reference premiere line. The current reference series line IMO has a comparable SQ to the previous premiere line. Klipsch has done a great job improving the SQ of their entry-level reference series line. They definitely don't sound entry-level to me. If your looking to same some $ the current reference series line ( especially when on sale ) IMO are a superb deal...especially with the R-820fs at half off each!! I myself is actually thinking about getting those lol😉

I just ordered a pair of the R 820F. I saw somewhere it said the sale ends tomorrow. This seems to be a pretty good deal. I currently  have a pair of F30's from the synergy line as my mains, RP-450C as center, 2 R-12SW subs, 2 RP-160M as surrounds and 2 R-15M as front height. Think the 820F's will be a better fit than the F30's? If nothing else, im all copper now lol.  

Hi jokerz4u welcome to the forum🙂. I’m not personally familiar with the F30s, but I am with the RP series and how they sound. I believe the R-820F will be a better match to the rest of your RP speakers. The new Reference series horns are more refined and closely match the sound of the RP horns IMO. What made you choose the R-820F over the RP-280F? Cost?

• 3 months later...
On 5/12/2019 at 2:15 PM, Sammy81 said:

Hello!

Need some advice since I am not much experienced in this,

Will the Onkyo TX-RZ820 or Onkyo TX-RZ830 be better for 

2 klipsch r-620f
2 klipsch r-51m
1 Klipsch r-52c

1 klipsch r-100sw

Hey Sammy,

Either one would be fine. Take your pick.