La Scala beaters in Sandusky, OH, $499

codewritinfool

13 minutes ago, rplace said:

Sandusky OH, @DizRotus Just a little over an hours drive and a few runs on the Raptor at Cedar Point. Get going!

Cedar Point lost me when it took out Mean Streak.  I understand the maintenance disparity between vintage wooden coasters and modern steel coasters, but I prefer vintage.

• Haha 1

I think that using the word "stage" in an ad, with a picture, reveal's more about which kind of stage, than one particular stage, such as one with low lighting, alcohol, and dust.  I wonder how many time's someone tried to get their guitar jack in that small hole in the back....

ls stage fleabay.jpg

• Haha 2

A few hours away, but personally, I wouldn't drive there if they were 1/2 of that.  Talk about ratted out.  You could buy a nice amount of BB plywood and build new boxes that looked great and you're going to replace everything else anyway.   I'm not sure I would drive to get them if they were free.

• Like 1

Amazing the things you see anymore.  Although they'd work great in my garage but man how do you justify the expense?  Hour up the road, I could have a nice perch dinner but it prolly wouldn't sit well looking at those afterwards.  Insane and they're only $500!     😂 😂 😂 

On 12/19/2018 at 8:17 AM, DizRotus said:

Cedar Point lost me when it took out Mean Streak.  I understand the maintenance disparity between vintage wooden coasters and modern steel coasters, but I prefer vintage.

Mean Streak was just that ....MEAN ! I love Cedar Point and almost all the rides but I hated Mean Streak , it gave me a serious headache every time.

13 hours ago, Gnote said:

Mean Streak was just that ....MEAN ! I love Cedar Point and almost all the rides but I hated Mean Streak , it gave me a serious headache every time.

Understand completey, but chronic long lines at Mean Streak confirmed that many disagreed.  The smooth speed of the steel coasters is just not the same, for me, as the cacophony and vibrations of a large wooden coaster.

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

Understand completey, but chronic long lines at Mean Streak confirmed that many disagreed.  The smooth speed of the steel coasters is just not the same, for me, as the cacophony and vibrations of a large wooden coaster.

First coaster ride there for me was the old Blue Streak, first coaster ride for my daughters was w/me on ...  Yup, you guessed it.  The Blue Streak!  STILL a great ride!

48 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

First coaster ride there for me was the old Blue Streak, first coaster ride for my daughters was w/me on ...  Yup, you guessed it.  The Blue Streak!  STILL a great ride!

Is it still there?  For my money Blue Streak was the best value in terms of waiting in line vs ride quality.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Is it still there?  For my money Blue Streak was the best value in terms of waiting in line vs ride quality.

Yup, still there and will always be there.  They take that out it would cause a riot.  Added a couple more rides last year and a couple more coming this spring so they say.  The price just keeps going up.

Geauga lake amusement park had the best wooden coaster imo. Called the Big Dipper and built in the 20s it had manual brake people stationed along the track. That was the smoothest wooden coaster I was ever on. Later it was changed over to airbrakes and that totally ruined the ride. bc99c432eff08918f9c58c12e554ab62.jpg

• Like 1