Center for RF-63

Dannyvd

Hi,

I am new to this forum and also new to Klipsch speaker (I have owned Cerwin Vega, KEF Reference and JBL Northridge speakers in the past)

A few years ago I auditioned the Klipsch RF line and was very impressed 

Recently I purchased a pair of used RF-63's in good condition for a fair price, I do not care for the latest and greatest. 

What would be a good center to use with the RF-63's? Somehow the older center models (used RC-64 I/II/III RC-62 II seem to have a high price compared to the newer RP models)

An exact match is not required for me as long the model is known to be a good performing center. Waiting until the right used center becomes available is also no problem, I am not in a hurry.

Danny

@Dannyvd,

Welcome to the forum.

If in a typical family room/living room setting, I would say the RC-64, RC-64II, RC-62, RC-62II in that order.  If none available for the "right" price anytime soon, then maybe a current or previous RP center would do.

If in a theater room with an acoustic transparent screen, then another RF-63 would be best.

Where is your location?

Bill

3 hours ago, Dannyvd said:

What would be a good center to use with the RF-63's? Somehow the older center models (used RC-64 I/II/III RC-62 II seem to have a high price compared to the newer RP models)

An exact match is not required for me as long the model is known to be a good performing center. Waiting until the right used center becomes available is also no problem, I am not in a hurry.

Danny

I believe the RC-64 is the matching center speaker for the RF-63's, they both use the same horn driver and possibly the same horn? I just listed a very nice used RC-7 center speaker in the garage sale section which is a solid performer and should match up pretty well, where abouts are you located?

Update: I cancelled the RF-63's and  got a  RP-504c Center first, found a good deal with discount because the box was already opened. Next step will be to get a pair of RP-5000f or RP-6000f. Prices for used front speakers are to high in my country compared the prices for the new RP series (Netherlands) 

Edited by Dannyvd

Hi Bill,  thanks for the advice. Now choosing between the RP-5000F/6000F/8000F is going to be the next challenge,  the room is normal in size and not very large so a RP-5000F or RP-6000F should a be good choice with the RP-504C .  My Onkyo TX-DS989 Upgrade 1 should have no difficulty with any of them. I will use a pair of older Jamo's as fronts until I buy RP fronts.

Edited by Dannyvd