RF7 III's in a dome

RMiller

I know there is a lot of talk of speaker placement. Hoping to get some help with placement. I have a pair of RF7 III's and a Paradigm PW 2200 sub. The RF7's are powered by a Sherbourn 7/2100 and Outlaw 990. I have the sub in the back of the room and it seems to work better set at 180 degree. Seems like I'm missing some bass-mid bass at times. It's an odd shaped room but great for sound when it's just right. Hard to find that just right sound though.

thumbnail_image1.jpg

Nice room and congrats on the new speakers! From the looks of it you may need a second sub as that's a lot of area to try and pressurize maybe one in the middle of the 7's? Or you could try moving your sub closer to the listening position, possibly right behind the couch? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RMiller said:

I was thinking about running the sub up front. Just a long way to run the cable. The dome makes for great movie watching. Would I want two subs up front or both in the back? I'm assuming it's not a good idea to put one up front and one in the back?

In some rooms, 2 up front may sound best.  In other rooms, 1 in front 1 in back.  In other rooms, neither front or back.  You really need to do some trial and error to see/hear what sounds best to you.

Bill