East Indian Rosewood

mopardave

10 minutes ago, mopardave said:

Sweet! gonna make lots of power.   I'm 55 now. Been a gearhead since i was 14.   I'm not up on the ford stuff, but you have a awesome program there.   Been thinking about doing the Hemi head conversion on my wedge block, but it gets real pricey.

Dave,

I'm 54 now, birthday is May 7th, and I bought the Mustang when I was 15  :D

As for the head conversion, just look at it as an investment. I can totally grenade this thing and people will still pay good money for the junk. Can't do that with cookie cutter pieces  :D

Rog

13 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Dave,

I'm 54 now, birthday is May 7th, and I bought the Mustang when I was 15  :D

As for the head conversion, just look at it as an investment. I can totally grenade this thing and people will still pay good money for the junk. Can't do that with cookie cutter pieces  :D

Rog

That is true. My bore is 4.375, so that would be a heavy chuck for sure.  It would be a complete rebuild, so it would be awhile if i did that.   Hemis are cool.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mopardave said:

That is true. My bore is 4.375, so that would be a heavy chuck for sure.  It would be a complete rebuild, so it would be awhile if i did that.   Hemis are cool.

This is the look I'm going for.

2 hours ago, mopardave said:

Screenshot_20181222-155828_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Dave,

A good friend has agreed to veneer a pair of split La Scalas for my daughter, I just need to get my daughter up to Oakwood to pick out her veneer.

Rog

I cant wait to get down there to see what they have to offer.   I will look at the black walnut as well. Pic above is california black walnut.  Here is the East Indian Rosewood.

Heresy-SE-Rosewood-1222.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Dave,

Of the two pictured, I like the East Indian Rosewood. Look up the veneer work of member Luther Ward, especially in Waterfall Babinga, here on this site.  :D

CWIII.jpg

Rog

those are interesting.  Ill check him out. thanks