Gun safe failure - need help (resolved)

wvu80

On 12/30/2018 at 6:59 AM, JJkizak said:

"Is it safe"---and I wonder if the dental drills were carbide.

…  lol... I woke up this morning to a wondering dream, strangely enough... a forum topic about speakers made out of cat food... 

…. o O (I hope wvu80's son get's his safe, safely opened today... to start off the new year... with a new topic... needing help and suggestions about which kind of golf cart he should buy....)

2 hours ago, whatever55 said:

So far I have not heard a boom......

Have you had any luck with the suggestions provided here or did you have to call a professional ?

Just curious as I am l need to make a choice  electronic of mechanical

Son has been working with @carlthess40 who some expertise in the area.  Thank you Carl, I appreciate your help, and so does my son.

Bottom line is the safe has not yet been opened and a defective keypad is a known problem so that is the focus going forward.  The company was not open over the holidays to ship the new keypad.  The safe has a lifetime transferable warranty but the company's tech support has apparently not been very supportive to this point.

1 minute ago, garyrc said:

Their behavior is outrageous. 

Agree.  He is in law enforcement and his duty weapon is locked inside, his department issued him a loaner until this can be resolved.

It would be nice if they would have responded with some urgency.  He says they worked with him for a half hour on the phone to do a factory reset on the combination without success.  The tech finally decided it was a defective keypad but for some reason they did not ship him a new one immediately, which they offered to do for free.  It's been weeks later and there has been no keypad shipped.

Owned by cannon safes. Well really owned by alphaguardian who owns
GunVault
Stack-On
Cannon safe
I talked to them Friday for two hours about this shit and how they have been dealing with him. I’m going to bad mouth them and all the companies they own
So pass the word, they suck and don’t care
About the customer, just the cash
I had/have all his information about this when I called and I nailed them lying to me on 2 or 3 things about this
I will post this on any and all gun fourms and with NRA , and if the nra starts backing them I will pull my membership from them
It’s sick on what they are doing to a office of the law. O wait, that’s what the dem’s do all the time
So boycott alphaguardian and all the company’s the own. Stick it to them before they stick it to you

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Dangers, too much to swallow ...I mean really. May have said earlier that so safe the owner cannot penetrate. Just abit ironic, this whole episode, which should have been resolved within no more than a couple of hours, or days, even given the holidays...unreal.

Pathetic apathy...

16 hours ago, carlthess40 said:

I talked to them Friday for two hours about this shit and how they have been dealing with him. I’m going to bad mouth them and all the companies they own
So pass the word, they suck and don’t care
About the customer, just the cash

So no resolution?  How did they leave it? 

14 minutes ago, dtel said:

Bring it to the worst neighborhood you can find and offer $100 to whoever can open it. 

=== I see a problem. Chances of you returning, safely, With the opened safe might be dreaming. I’ve the feeling you will loose the &100 and not return with a safe, unopened or not. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, rmlowz said:

Is that what they call a concealed weapons permit carrying the safe in public ?😀

Concealed and protected. 

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

1 hour ago, richieb said:

=== I see a problem. Chances of you returning, safely, With the opened safe might be dreaming. I’ve the feeling you will loose the &100 and not return with a safe, unopened or not. 

I would say bring a few armed friends and DO NOT wear your work uniform. But your probably right they may rob you just for the safe, or shoes, would hate to get in a gunfight over a locked safe no one can open. 

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

@carlthess40 has been working with my son Scott, and the news for getting this thing open is not good.

As Carl said the technical non-support people have not been helpful.  Three weeks after he contacted him they just now informed him they can NOT simply send him a new keypad, as that keypad is now discontinued.  They are going to send him a new keypad/lock mechanism but it's up to him to figure out how to get the safe opened and installed. 

I suggested trying to find a used keypad on Ebay but already thought about that and Canon told him there are several versions and there is no guarantee that a used one would be the correct one, and no guarantee it wasn't already broken.

Canon won't release any technical information except to locksmiths so he doesn't even know where to drill so he doesn't trash the safe which would cost about $1500 to replace. 

He is moving to Plan B which is to use a magnet with a 350 pound pull to try to get the solenoid to release, then he could simply turn the handles to open the safe.  Canon also won't tell him exactly where the solenoid is so he knows where to work the magnet.  Carl has helped him with some general idea on the location which is more than what Canon has done.

I hate to see him trash a nice safe (which I got for him) but he's running out of options.  He's off this week so he's going to spend some more time working on it.  We'll see how it comes out.