(SOLD) Klipsch Chorus II - Walnut - Recapped - Crites Ti Tweeters

MATT0404

Up for sale is a wonderful sounding pair of Klipsch Chorus II's.  Chorus II's are hard to find on the used market and even more rare in walnut veneer.  This pair has been upgraded with Crites titanium tweeter diaphragms and the crossovers have been recapped with Sonicap Gen II caps (Crites recap kit).  The upgrades were no subtle improvement.  This is a great sounding pair of speakers.  A pair I would be happy to own and listen to long term.  I'm only selling to generate funds and make room for something else.

There are a few cosmetic blemishes, but these are highly presentable.  They look great despite their minor flaws.  There's one veneer chip on the top of one speaker.  There are a few other smaller blemishes, nicks, etc, but nothing major.  See pics and video below.  These are sonically perfect.  One of the passive woofers has been repaired.  It had a small puncture that was repaired from the inside with paper towel and Elmer's glue.  See photos.

Any questions, please feel free to ask.  If you happen to be on the route from Pittsburgh, PA to Alexandria, VA, act fast, I can deliver these to you tomorrow morning.

Price: $750 firm SOLD

Speakers can be seen and heard here:

Lots of pics in this album:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZUrS8j52BHqMsMKp7

IMG_20181221_141704.jpg

IMG_20181221_142020.jpg

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, 314carpenter said:

Tekton Double Impact, I have heard them myself, Huge sound, very impressive. Can take huge power. Were bright in the room I heard them in, and was why the owner ended up selling. Reviews on them say can't be beat for under 20K, but I am not convinced of that.

Woild you rather have Klipsch gear or a pair of those yourself?   They have a very interesting looking "pro" model that got my attention... 

https://www.tektondesign.com/tekton-pro-audio.html

A couple years prior I spoke with the owner and he tried to sell me a pair of the 1812 at a KILLER price point.   I had to think long and hard before passing on that deal.   For what I paid for my system, makes a hard argument that I could get something that compares or would be better in my room. 

39 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Woild you rather have Klipsch gear or a pair of those yourself?   They have a very interesting looking "pro" model that got my attention... 

https://www.tektondesign.com/tekton-pro-audio.html

A couple years prior I spoke with the owner and he tried to sell me a pair of the 1812 at a KILLER price point.   I had to think long and hard before passing on that deal.   For what I paid for my system, makes a hard argument that I could get something that compares or would be better in my room. 

I am very impressed with the offerings from Tekton, and feel that that company is moving in the right direction. They fit a niche that you don't find with many current companies. I myself am stuck in an era, and am not comfortable with the "new" sound of modern speakers. Very subjective. The price points from Tekton are incredible. Quality is there too. I have a fair share on the used market recently. What do you make of that?

1 minute ago, 314carpenter said:

I am very impressed with the offerings from Tekton, and feel that that company is moving in the right direction. They fit a niche that you don't find with many current companies. I myself am stuck in an era, and am not comfortable with the "new" sound of modern speakers. Very subjective. The price points from Tekton are incredible. Quality is there too. I have a fair share on the used market recently. What do you make of that?

Same difference as klipsch?   They are quite large speakers, people move, no availability to demo often times prior to purchase.   Possibly the volume of sales is pretty good as well?  Like you said, the price points are appealing.   

22 minutes ago, MATT0404 said:

These are sold, folks. They just left with their new owner.  Appreciate everyone's interest and comments. 

Congratulations, no surprise they sold quick at your asking price.

How do you like the new speakers?  Quick review please, when you have a chance.