Accesories4less blames Klipschorns

tromprof

15 hours ago, tromprof said:

Still bugged by the first response (Klipschorn too hard to drive, amp is fine), so not sure that credit is going to be used very soon.

I’m still curious about what happens when A4Less uses the returned amp to power “normal” speakers and it shuts down.  At that point, they should refund your cost to ship it back.

What are the specifics of your “older mid line h/k receiver?”  My brother and his audiophile friend preferred one of my several h/k x30 Twin Powered receivers to an excellent Dynaco tube amp.  Now that I’ve discovered class D, my days using space heaters are gone like my hair.

• Haha 1

I've bought a couple of things from them and they are both still in service. AN Onkyo SC PR5509 and a Denon AV X2100w. Had a small problem with the Denon that worked itself out (I think it was the HDMI cable). Called the guy at A4L, I believe he was the guy in charge. Straight up A-hole from the first second. Talked to me like I was his 10 year old kid, more like a stepkid he hated. Although all items have been fine for years, I won't buy from them for that reason alone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

I’m still curious about what happens when A4Less uses the returned amp to power “normal” speakers and it shuts down.  At that point, they should refund your cost to ship it back.

What are the specifics of your “older mid line h/k receiver?”  My brother and his audiophile friend preferred one of my several h/k x30 Twin Powered receivers to an excellent Dynaco tube amp.  Now that I’ve discovered class D, my days using space heaters are gone like my hair.

Not sure about the HK specifics (HK 3390), it's an aprox. 15 year old receiver, complete with RCA video inputs. The kids used it for their setup and its been most idle for the last couple of years. I almost gave it to a friend. 

I have looked at a couple of replacements for the Yamaha. The first is a Rouge Audio Sphynx, which has a tube preamp and used Hypex class D for the power. However this is a bit outside my price range (local shop will sell it for $1,200).

Another alternative is a Yaqin MC-13s tube amp. I have owned a couple of Yaqin amps and really liked them, and this one is in my price range ($700), and is sold by Amazon so returns will be easy if I don't like it.

36 minutes ago, wstrickland1 said:

I've bought a couple of things from them and they are both still in service. AN Onkyo SC PR5509 and a Denon AV X2100w. Had a small problem with the Denon that worked itself out (I think it was the HDMI cable). Called the guy at A4L, I believe he was the guy in charge. Straight up A-hole from the first second. Talked to me like I was his 10 year old kid, more like a stepkid he hated. Although all items have been fine for years, I won't buy from them for that reason alone. 

Their customer service was polite with me, just not really believing that anything could actually be wrong with this amp. Those bad boy 15 inch woofers in Klipschorns had to be at fault.

19 minutes ago, tromprof said:

Not sure about the HK specifics (HK 3390), it's an aprox. 15 year old receiver, complete with RCA video inputs. The kids used it for their setup and its been most idle for the last couple of years. I almost gave it to a friend. 

I have looked at a couple of replacements for the Yamaha. The first is a Rouge Audio Sphynx, which has a tube preamp and used Hypex class D for the power. However this is a bit outside my price range (local shop will sell it for $1,200).

Another alternative is a Yaqin MC-13s tube amp. I have owned a couple of Yaqin amps and really liked them, and this one is in my price range ($700), and is sold by Amazon so returns will be easy if I don't like it.

Their customer service was polite with me, just not really believing that anything could actually be wrong with this amp. Those bad boy 15 inch woofers in Klipschorns had to be at fault.

the guy's name was Mark Sabbarese 

Nothing polite about him. 

34 minutes ago, tromprof said:

The word we are groping for here is "condescending."  To give you or any customer a ridiculous explanation hoping he could shove that down your throat because he's so smart and you're so dumb is condescending. 

That's so short sighted, just to save a few bucks on shipping from a defective product THEY sent YOU.

I have also used and bought from A4Less in the past because I've always heard positive stories from those on this forum.  I'm in the market for an AVR now and I shopped A4Less.  It's very clear if they will treat you so shabbily they would treat me the same way.

I haven't made my purchase decision yet but my choice for vendors just got easier since A4Less just got crossed off the list.

• Like 1

FWIW, I never got a response to the email sent to A4Less, which is quoted below.  Given what I now know, it is extremely unlikely A4Less could now rehabilitate its reputation with me.

Neil

Sat, Dec 22, 11:50 AM (5 days ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to support

Please review the following post from the Klipsch forum.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/181000-accesories4less-blames-klipschorns/&tab=comments#comment-2338857

TWIMC:

As a small business owner, I would want to know about this situation if I were the owner of your company.

Please have someone with the authority to either affirm the policy provided to Glenn or to override it contact me.  I hope that is not your policy.  If it is, please let me know and you’ll get no further business, or referrals, from me.  If it is not, please let me know so that others can be reassured about doing business with your company.

You may contact me by return email or by texting or calling 248-xxx-xxxx.

I look forward to a reply.

Neil
  • Like 1

Folks I agree with you all about bad customer service can really give you a sour taste and one bad review "can" trump 10 great reviews.  My experience with A4Less has been stellar and have been recommending them for close to a decade.  I really don't like to hear these stories of bad CS especially from establishments I have turned many people on to.  I just hope maybe the A4Less folks read these comments as well as their suppliers and get some things on straight.

Sorry about you guys that have had less than enjoyable interaction with A4Less's staff and @tromprof your situation gets ironed out to your satisfaction.

Bill

I bought a INTEGRA from ac4l and it worked fine. I did have trouble with my 50 HDMI run. I called them and they told me to try shorter HDMI to see if that was in fact what was causing the problem. Turned out it was. I got treated fairly I think although it could have been a bit better.

But saying that, a friend of mine had the Klipsch ref 15 sub amp go out....they have had known problems with this amp I'm told.....but all Klipsch told him to do was send it to some repair station they gave him and that was it. I think Klipsch should have helped with half of the repair. I probably will never recommend a Klipsch sub any more they had several sub amps go out. 

But as long as the customer service is better then ATT I'm pretty happy......I am so glad to be done with those A**holes. 

I also dont think Yamaha is any where near what it use to be so maybe the OP should try a better AVR from ac4l. I do hope they come on here or contact one of us about this cause I think they are a good company over all. 

Another idea is to call Cory and order a unit from him which would help a Klipsch dealer out and he will answer the phone himself. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, willland said:

My experience with A4Less has been stellar and have been recommending them for close to a decade. 

Bill-

Did you ever have to deal with the customer service at A4Less?  I never have, nor, to the best of my knowledge, has any of the relatives or friends I have sent to A4Less.  Selling good products at good prices that mostly work will not, IMO, offset bad customer service.

On the other hand, excellent customer service cannot make up for bad products.  I told a vendor I deal with, "I love your customer service, but I would prefer not to experience it so often."

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, willland said:

Folks I agree with you all about bad customer service can really give you a sour taste and one bad review "can" trump 10 great reviews.  My experience with A4Less has been stellar and have been recommending them for close to a decade.  I really don't like to hear these stories of bad CS especially from establishments I have turned many people on to.  I just hope maybe the A4Less folks read these comments as well as their suppliers and get some things on straight.

Sorry about you guys that have had less than enjoyable interaction with A4Less's staff and @tromprof your situation gets ironed out to your satisfaction.

Bill

The units I got are great, been in service for quite some time so to say the entire experience "stunk" would not be accurate. I think WVU hit the nail on the head with his description. Condescending (Extremely Condescending) is what the guy is. Maybe that's the nature of the beast. Maybe you can't get cheap refurbs with a smile in this world. 

• Like 3

My goal in sharing this was not to bash the company out of existence, but to provide a bit of a cautionary tale. Based on my previous experiences, I have in the past recommended them to my friends, but either the company has changed or the customer support needs retraining. If my Integra pre/pro died tomorrow I would probably browse A4Less to see if they had a good deal, but I would now be aware of the risk associated with getting a bad unit.  I will also add my experience to any recommendation i give. 

5 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Bill-

Did you ever have to deal with the customer service at A4Less? 

Yes actually I have.  When my first Yamaha A-S1000 arrived from them, I discovered that two of the speaker terminals was bent due to shipping.  Yamaha double boxes but the plain old styrofoam mold encasing the amp just did not hold up to a 48.5 pounds hunk of metal.  I immediately called A4Less and they said ship it back(their cost) and they will send(their cost) out a replacement unit.  Since this process would take close to a week before I got my new Yamaha, I opted to drive the 45 minutes from my home to Apopka, FL and do the switch in person.  All folks I dealt with seemed pleasant enough but I was hoping they would offer a a slight discount for my trouble but they did not, and I just didn't ask either.

Bill

• Thanks 1

I bought a Marantz from Accessories 4 Less about a year ago. It was just a five channel compact version for a place I have down south.  It came to me pretty beat up.  The badge wasn’t attached and the unit was scuffed up.  One of the antennas for the WiFi was broken.  I plugged it in and tried it.  It sounded ok, but I couldn’t get past the way it looked.  It had all the paperwork that said it was refurbished by Marantz.  I called A4less up and they immediately took it back and apologized for my inconvenience.  Money was back in my account as soon as they received it.  So I’m happy with their customer service, disappointed that no one saw how beat up the unit was at Marantz or A4less.

Recently, my couple year old Denon AVR4200 HDMI inputs started dropping out one by one.  It was a few months out of warranty.  I bought a Marantz SR6012 refurbished from Safe and Sound.  I was scared off A4less after my prior experience with the unit itself, not the customer service. Paperwork said it was refurbished by Marantz also.  This unit looks brand new and seems to work well. Different experience, but that’s the chance with buying a refurbished unit. 

• Like 1

I've purchased multiple units from them that were refurb units that I still have and they're working fine so i haven't had to deal with any service or return issues.  I would certainly hope that given the other experiences that members have had, they will do the right thing and you just got a bad rep or a good rep having a bad day and it all escalated from there.  I'm assuming that you can climb a couple rungs on that management ladder and get this resolved along with an apology and I would also consider reaching out to the manufacturer directly (at least a level 2 or 3 customer service rep., if you don't get anywhere with A4L.  They are an authorized online retailer for the brands they offer, if I'm not mistaken and you will find the individual that will clear this up quickly.  Hope this all gets resolved soon.

OP, in the future - do not utilize A4L's support.

These are units refurbished by the manufacturer and carry manufacturer warranties and support.  You should (in the future, if there is another purchase) contact Yamaha.  They will handle the issue.  I am speaking from experience.  A4L is a third party, and once the transaction is complete, you should take up issues with the manufacturer.