Airplay trouble

KlipschFish

All of a sudden my airplay has stopped working on my older Denon 3312ci. I am asking in this forum because I miss my RF-7s blasting me. Denon's site offers no real help with my particular situation. Apple discussions are almost all based on owning an Apple tv, which I do not. I use a late 2008 macbook pro with El Capitan os.

I have restarted my modem several times. I have asked for updates to the 3312 (there are no recent ones). I have done a soft reset on the 3312. I have not reset the micro processor. I don't wish to unless I have some proof that it will help. I have the most recent iTunes that is El Cap compatible. All was well until a week ago. The avr is 'seen' by my iTunes. I have the option to 'turn it on'. It just will not connect. I get the error message stating such. Error 02 I believe. Does anyone have a suggestion? I do not want to feel I have to buy an Apple tv or a new avr or a new  macbook. But if something has changed between iTunes, airplay or Denon in the last week, I can not find it. My internet connection is no different than it was a week ago. Dowload speeds are identical. Thanks in advance.

edit:  The avr itself is hardwired to the modem so internally it does work on net/usb for internet radio and such. But whatever internal mechanism that picks up the airplay signal (I THINK) is not working.

I do have a brand new and unused router from the clink (no apologies...I'm a Seahawk fan...Century Link) that I could swap and try. There was a suggestion on the page you linked about simply changing the router's wifi channel. I'll see if internal changes on the router do anything. It's frustrating. I have 396 days straight of files in my iTunes music folder. There are other work-arounds to access that music but I'm spoiled by Airplay.

I can't use 'the clink' anymore. T Mobile just paid for naming rights to the stadium. I think it's going to be pink now. Pink, not clink.

Could be a new implementation of Airplay 2. Denon/Marantz are just STARTING to update some of their new receivers for AP2. Mine is so old I wonder if they'll put out a patch for it. Just strange that it stopped all of a sudden after years of working.

BTW: internal channel changing or any other internal modem changes did nothing. Every time I go to contact Denon it is right at their 4pm eastern time closing. Gotta learn!