Best Seating from first hand experience.

Liftenw8ts

Was looking for input on home theatre seating. I am going to run 2 rows of 3 curved if possible. Was wanting your opinions as with quality, comfort and reliability of what you have had or still have the pros and cons of manufacture or make and model recommendations. I have been browsing and so far i the best i have seen and liked is the Valencia Tuscany. Input, thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated in me making probably the most expensive purchase for this build.

I hesitate to say anything for fear of looking like I'm openly soliciting but I just signed up with RowOne, they're really nice, I bought 7 seats for myself after sitting in them.  Everything in their silver screen line is top grain leather.  All the seats are inspired by classic cars, so like there's a corvette inspired one, mustang, cadillac, etc.  They also have a line that's entirely domestic.  The ones I ordered aren't just motorized for the recline but there is a motorized headrest which is really nice.  Anyway, worth checking out.  

Actually, leather presents a problem--one that you can measure and most definitely hear--in fact, it can be a bit of a show stopper.  If you have sensitive ears, I recommend instead fabric--fuzzy fabric, not hard material:

Also read this article from Ethan Winer (see bottom of page):  http://realtraps.com/rfz.htm

Another testimonial:

Even though our zero gravity chairs (Human Touch) are covered with good leather, I must put a fuzzy pad or blanket over the chair head rest--down to the shoulders--to control the near sound reflections.  If I had it to do over again, I would never have chosen leather or any other nonporous material (such as vinyl, etc.). 

Chris

Professional/commercial theaters are usually a "Dead" velvet or like material, just like the acoustic curtains that hang in them... life is full of hsrd surfaces, I like leather.

I am probably going to get acoustic curtains for one wall in my home at some point.

I have heard about the issues with leather. My main concern is that the seats having all the electric motors that eventually there would be issues with a motor going bad. I have already  tested this with a motorized adjustable bed. Do not want to deal with that. Thanks for the input and i will check out the RowOne line and see what they offer.