What to do, what to do

Cookin

Hello everyone.   Last year I was given a klipschorn........just one.   Now I don’t know what to do.   It’s the most wonderful speaker I’ve ever seen.  It’s louder than the second coming and the sounds, oh the sounds are miraculous.   Needless to say my wife can’t stand it. Which means it’s perfect.   

I only have one, so I currently have it installed as the center channel in my home theatre, but it is the central driver in my basement system. I’m not a wealthy man, so what do you people think I should do?   I was looking at putting a diffeeent amp on it ...but again there’s only one.   The space is small.  Maybe 14x 20.   So I want to treasure it and honor it, so what should I do?   Let me know !

57 minutes ago, willland said:

Keep it as a center and get a pair of LaScalas as mains.

Welcome to the forum and Merry Christmas.

Bill

Great advice.  Merry Christmas and a La Scala New Year.

By the way, where are you located?  We can keep an eye out for you....

On 12/25/2018 at 7:47 PM, Cookin said:

oh the sounds are miraculous.   Needless to say my wife can’t stand it. Which means it’s perfect.   

Welcome to the forum, I think you'll fit in here just fine.

Do you know the year the Khorn was born?  If you don't then post the s/n and we can help you date it.  That may be important in terms of the care and feeding of your Khorn.

+++

On 12/27/2018 at 1:08 PM, JohnA said:

A Klipschorn needs to be placed tightly in a corner.

We've always been told that, but is it really true?  Does it NEED to be, or does it LIKE to be?

The reason I question traditional wisdom is because when I sold my Khorns I moved them from in the corners, to into the center of the room for demo due to pending sale.  They were a couple of feet away from each other and they never sounded better, I mean they sounded phenomenal, five feet from the MLP.  I was shocked at how good they sounded.

That experience has changed my way of thinking from dogmatic to "try it, you'll like it."  B)

Khorn center of room.jpg

• Like 2

On 12/28/2018 at 2:21 AM, wvu80 said:

That experience has changed my way of thinking from dogmatic to "try it, you'll like it."  B)

A young  couple I knew had a pair placed about 3 feet out from the corners. Sounded amazing! (Actually might have been SKs... they looked plain like decorators and it was 1977. I was in Memphis and not addicted to Klipsch quite yet.)

Bruce

I agree... the "hard and fast" rules that seem to permeate the forum at times... specially those that seem to be backed by "science"... can be obnoxious, unrealistic and intensively inane. 

I love science, and provable facts... but it's a bit like building a race car. An engineer can design, construct and give probability of speed but it's the driver that makes the car fast (or slow).

9 hours ago, Schu said:

I agree... the "hard and fast" rules that seem to permeate the forum at times... specially those that seem to be backed by "science"... can be obnoxious, unrealistic and intensively inane. 

I love science, and provable facts... but it's a bit like building a race car. An engineer can design, construct and give probability of speed but it's the driver that makes the car fast (or slow).

Maybe that's why my Porsche is slow when I autocross