St. Louis sale- ALK jrs, RF7s, Altecs, JBLs, Thiels, tube gear

sheltie dave

Snell EII speakers, refoamedĀ Alnico woofers, walnut veneer, $300

Ā 

Energy Pro 22 speakers w original cylinder stands, oak veneer, $250SOLD

Ā 

HH Scott 299c, no bends, gold face, new pfĀ caps, new EH7591a quad, Telefunken 12ax7s, works well, great lettering, $710 Sold

Ā 

• 2 weeks later...

Bump to add.

Ā 

Pioneer D23 (Spec series)active crossover, four way stereo, with multiple selectable slopes, selectable crossover points, and volume attenuators for all four selected ranges. One of the best and most flexible analog active crossovers ever, great cosmetics and operation. $1800

Ā 

filter slopes are all selectable with flat, 6, 12, and 18 dB per octave

Ā 

dB level pots are -infinity to 0 dB, with fine gain from -30 dB to 0 dB

Ā 

crossover transition points can be gang shared, woofer at 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200, 250, 320, 400, 500, and 630 Hz

Ā 

mid to tweet points are 320, 400, 500, 630, 800, 1k, 1.25k, 1.6k, 2k, 2.5k, and 3.2k

Ā 

this bank is duplicated as well

Ā 

tweet to supertweet are 1.6 Ā 2Ā 2.5 Ā 3.2 Ā 4 Ā 5 Ā 6.3 Ā 8 Ā 10 Ā 12.5 Ā and 16khz

Ā 

This crossover allows for direct drop-in use with Khorns. And use from one multichannel amp, or three, four, five or six Stereo/mono amps.

Ā 

Ā 

Bump for the price changes, and the added gear. The Pioneer D23 electronic crossover is the bomb for playing with new drivers and being able to change crossover slopes and adjust volume levels while holding a cuppa joe in the other hand. Outside of the newfangled computer controlled rack drive units, you will not find anything more flexible, and nothing compares in quality.

Ā 

St. Louis has been a hotbed for Stereophiles since post WWII, and both of my main mentors knew tons of people. Now I just have to work on passing on some of the museum, so others can enjoy it as much as we have.Ā 

It is nice to know it is going to new owners who will enjoy listening to it for decades to come. šŸ¤“

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2019 at 3:56 PM, sheltie dave said:

He worked pretty hard to get to that point, Diz.šŸ¤£

Then he kept digging the hole, with a BIG shovel.

Ā 

I was looking for that shovel or the hole.....

All I could find was me trying to get information or a contact number for an OTL amplifier to make an informed purchase....

Was there anything else ?

• 1 year later...