St. Louis sale- ALK jrs, RF7s, Altecs, JBLs, Thiels, tube gear

sheltie dave

The time has come to start thinning the museum collection, and to create some room in the basement targeting a much simpler retirement setup a few years away. Many of the amps have been fully restored, either by Craig, or by Mike Missel or Jeff Jackson here in St. Louis. All of the gear that I represent as working/restored is available for inspection and listening here in St. Louis, and local pickup/pony express is preferred.

I actively dislike shipping tube gear and I will not ship speakers. While I like talking on my cell at 314-651-9396, I do not like endless rounds of emails and texts. I do find texting photos to a cell to be convenient, though...these eyes are not what they used to be 🙂 Prices and paticulars will be added as time permits. I will be finalizing prices over the next two days; it takes a little time to peek under the hood of everything. Getting a handle on the size of the collection will also help us get a nice classic car for our high school son, as well.         

Speakers

Klipsch Cornwalls   $475, birch, serial #s 10P274,10P275 with face quarter rounds added, tops rough SOLD

Klipsch RF7s, black, with DeanG crossovers, $850

Altec 604Es , $1700, with N1500 crossovers, Barzilay cabinetsSOLD

Large Advents, $25, utility cabinets with vinyl veneer, need refoaming SOLD   

Thiel CS1.2, $250

JBL LE85 mids with Martinelli lipstick horns in black, $700

Heil ESS AMT tweeters, $250 SOLD

Fulton Music Industry FMI E towers, $600

Preamps

Ming Da MC2A3 tube pre, $750, line stage SOLD

Anthem Pre1L tube pre, $400, line stage 

McIntosh MC40 x 2, tube amps, restored, $2600 SOLD

McIntosh MC1700 receiver w tube tuner section, $700

McIntosh MC1900 receiver with slant leg case , $850

Accuphase E202, 125 wpc SS integrated with case, PF caps replaced eight years ago, $950

HH Scott 272 tube integrated with walnut case, unrestored, Mullard EL34 output tubes, $1600

Pilot 602 MA tube receiver, unrestored, $250

NOS Valves VRDs, Craig's very first ones with Triode Electronics front end, Mullard 5AR4 rectiifiers, alder wood, $1600 SOLD

Sun Audio SV2A3 tube amp with attenuator controls, NOS JAN 2A3s, $2100

Eico HF87 tube pwr amp, restored, $1050

Acrosound UltraLinear MKII tube amps, in custom vertical aluminum frames for a rack mount, restored, Mullard EL34s, $1700

Acrosound ULMKII tube amp, unrestored project, wonderful Acrosound transformers test good, $275

Dynaco ST70 tube amp with cage, fully restored(Will Vincent), stuffed with Hovland Musicaps, $825SOLD

Dynaco ST35 tube amp with Mullards, unrestored, $275SOLD

Sherwood S5000II tube integrated, fantastic original, $450 

Sherwood S5500 tube integrated, project, $300

Eico HF 81 tube integrated, fully restored(Craig,) all Mullard tubes, $725 SOLD

Eico HF81, fully restored(Mike), $550

EICO 2536 tube receiver, push/pull EL84s, $230

Eico ST70 tube integrated, unrestored, $300 BEING RESTORED

Eico ST70 tube integrated, unrestored, $300 SOLD

Harman Kardon A700 tube integrated, fully restored(Mike), $550 SOLD

Fisher 400, $300

Fisher 500C tube receiver, unrestored, $400 SOLD

Fisher 500C tube receiver, with walnut case, primo condition unrestored original, $650

Please feel free to call with any questions...Dave  314-651-9396          

• Like 2

Thanks for the birddog, Edgar. Altecs they are, indeed.

Jim, I traded a Technics SP10 table for this, so it came fairly dear into the collection. I popped the hood, and it has the following..

5U4 rectifiers- no markings

4 Mullard EL34s, all xf2 Mullard.. 2 xk7, 1 b4f5, 1 b4d2  One tube has scorched flashing loss at the top

3 Mullard ECF80/6BL8s, 1 France 105 395+/_oj5, 2 Holland 052 +012

the middle row smalls are 2 Telefunken 12ax7 yb

the front row driver smalls are 1 GE 7025 USA, 2 Telefunken 12ax7 yb, and one GE 12ax7

I would give the facade a solid 7, with minimal loss of lettering, no bends or dog-eared corners, and no significant scratches. The case has one chip, and a compression burr at that chip, but it shows nice. It powered up and passed signal with hum about four years ago, and that was the last I even considered doing until Craig worked on it. That hasn't happened yet, but I would be asking the $2500 they are popping for now if he had restored it.  I don't need to break the bank, but I do want to get it to someone with resources who will have Craig or someone else restore it to the highest level - this one is living room quality and clean.

Kevin, all of theMullardEL34s I have are used, and none were NOS in box when I acquired them. I don’t feel comfortable selling them separate from the gear they are in, for the price they command. I would need replacement value, and I don’t think It is fair to charge that to you, sans a warranty.  I would call Kevin Deal or one of the reputable tube dealers and pay through the nose for guaranteed NOS Millard’s with a warranty- the Leben is worth it.

Whatever55, when you decided to gore me multiple times in a couple threads a few years ago, I put you on “ignore.” You are the only Klipsch person on that list, so I can’t see what you post.

Wherever you live, if you called me on the phone and came to listen, and buy what you wanted, all would be copacetic. I don’t bite often, but outside of trusted friends on the forum, I don’t ship.

it it has kept my blood pressure down, which my wife likes.