Wiring question

Mr500cm

I'm new so please forgive my lack of knowlege here.....I have a set of Klipsch RP-160M speakers, a vintage Fisher reciever and a Sony HAP-S1 media player. The reciever sounds great with the speakers, using the radio, but when I'm playing the medai player through them I'm losing top end. Now when I use the media players built in amp with the RP-160's the sound is a lot better. Is it possible to wire the reciver and media player to the speakers (there are two inputs) but one use once source at a time either the reciver or media player. I'm pretty sure I can but I just want to check.

Thanks

Lance

You need a speaker selector switch box.  Lots out there.  Don't try to use something that drops the output of the media player's amplifier to run into the receiver.  I don't think that will help in your situation and likely would degrade the sound further.  Partsexpress has some reasonably priced ones along with monoprice.

8 hours ago, Panelhead said:

One question. These are bi-wire speakers. How are you connecting them? 

If the binding posts are strapped the set up  used is not critical. If not strapped together the two sets of  binding posts(inputs) need to be connected to your amp. 

They are as they left the factory, strapped together.