KnuKoncept speaker wire

Harleywood

http://www.knukonceptz.com/home-theater/speaker-wire/karma-ss-speaker-kable/sp/karma-ss-8-gauge-speaker-wire-/

Just ordered some of this speaker wire to replace a 25 year old set of 12awg Monster cables. Decided to get the largest wire my Nakamichi Banana plugs could terminate so I went with 8 gauge. Looks like a pretty good bang for the buck. Anyone have experience with this wire, performance, sound etc…?

7 minutes ago, Harleywood said:

Yeah I know. It was only five bucks more to get the 8 gauge in the length I needed so I thought why not. 

IMO, from my experience, do not use large AWG wire like that when not necessary on full range speakers.   It tends to fatten up the bass in a bad way and dull the highs. Take it for what you will. 

• Like 1

They arrived today and good lord, that's a cable. Lol  This wire has an outer pvc jacket around a twisted pair of insulated wires so that's where most of the size and weight comes from. Very flexible though as all of you have stated. Going to need to install some cable restraints on my rack to take the strain from the weight of the cable off of the lugs on my amp.  Going to terminate the banana's and install them tomorrow. Good thing is if I don't like them I'm not out big dollars and can easily order some of the smaller gauge wire. I also picked up a Krystal RCA cable from them for my sub. Looks like a quality well constructed cable as well. Think I'll try the Krystals out on my turntable first to see if I notice a difference between the $14 Krystal and the $120  Audioquest Big Sur I'm using now. I'm taking bets that I won't be able to hear a difference. 

4 hours ago, Harleywood said:

Going to need to install some cable restraints on my rack to take the strain from the weight of the cable off of the lugs on my amp.  

Guess you need a bigger amp that you can't get off the floor.  Won't need them then. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well I'll be ordering some of the Kord wire today in either 10 or 12 gauge. The bananas I have accept up to 8 gauge but you can't screw the set screws in far enough to get the barrel back on. I went ahead and installed them anyway and just wrapped the connection with electrical tape so I could give them a listen. They sound great but any sonic improvement is minimal at best compared to what I was using. I have to change them out though. I don't particularly like the idea of having them wrapped in tape. The RCA cable is great. No difference in soundstage compared to the Big Sur and dead quite as well.