Praise for Klipsch and Horns.

Shiva

9 hours ago, Chief bonehead said:

Interesting conversation. I think that maybe the genius of Paul Klipsch is beginning to be appreciated in other circles......

I agree completely.  And the genius is not just the boxes and drivers Paul assembled, but the concept of reproducing sound which sounds not just live, but alive.  When the music sounds alive, you feel alive.

Other than the race car analogy they discussed, I don't know where else you can get that experience.  As a former motocross racer I know exactly what they're talking about.

• Like 1

Seen another of his vids from a few days ago where he's at a dealer talking about the Heresy 3's. He also mentions he has a line on more Klipsch speakers to listen to in the near future.

Seems he's going to work his way up the Heritage line. Seeing how enamoured he is with the RP-600m's and H 3's, should be interesting to  hear what he has to say when he hit's the LaScalla II/Klipschorns. 

I pisses me off that in the 70s domes were pushed hard and I mostly bought in even after hearing a set of altec model 19s at oasis audio in henderson ky as a teen. I was 17 and used a buddies new trans am as a way of making the salesman think I was a spoiled little rich kid so he would waste more time showing me the expensive equipment. It worked and after hearing the 19s always wanted a pair as I got older. It sounded great and if I can figure out were to put them want to have some cabinets built and go from there. I have two pair of altec horns already.  His remark in the video about cars makes sense,  I do think with horns its harder on the ears if you don't have a great room and by being more dynamic can cause ear fatigue easier and sometimes eq is needed and the reasons tube and vintage gear is often used is because they tend to be less bright and pull the intensity back a fuzz. Like turning back using eq without having to admit you use one😁

On 1/1/2019 at 12:33 AM, Deang said:

It’s the dynamics and hair trigger transients that creates the sense of realism. Even a small set of Klipsch monitors do a respectable job. 

Its funny you say that, a while back I bought a pair of KG1 for $50 to temporarilly set up because we were having a college graduation party back to back with a 22nd birthday party for my daughter.  I put my Revel 106 away for three of four weeks and had those little Klipsch powered by a pair of 40 w mono tube amps and I couldn't believe how good they sounded.  Fast forward a few months , I auditioned a pair of Heresy III and I was hooked.   I ordered a pair and love how they sound like live music.  Great live recordings sound especially good.  

On 12/31/2018 at 1:09 PM, Chief bonehead said:

Interesting conversation. I think that maybe the genius of Paul Klipsch is beginning to be appreciated in other circles......

Better late than never...Many people allow their biases to decide for them, I prefer to let my ears do that for me!