KLF CENTER from KLF20 Components

scallywagger77

This is an amazing speaker that I have used with KLF 30’s and it “keeps up”.  It was built and purchased from a fellow forum member in South Carolina who knows Klipsch Loudspeakers.

Because this is a one of a kind item I understand it’s value is whatever someone is willing to pay so with that in mind I going to offer it for $400. negotiable, Certainly less for local pick up near Chattanooga where you can hear it before you buy. I have seen a lot of KLF 10 sell in the $300 range and as good as they are they are no match for this Beast.  I have also used it with Pioneer HPM  100’s (also for sale) but won’t go into that here cause I don’t want to offend our moderators. lol

If anyone is interested or has comments to offer please message me.

• Like 1

image.thumb.jpg.03f4fb4301be5c386443e7323a0f5db1.jpg

Thanks Billy:

That’s quite a buildup, I never realized or appreciated the thought that went into the development of that beast.  not only does it serve as an excellent center but I have used it as a single rear surround and all by itself with no left or right.  Like a huge soundbar, ya know?

I contact you on Facebook about the Pioneers

Oh, the temptation, especially as I'm just starting to accumulate parts to do something like this myself..... 

That being said, I have a few questions for you.  What are the measurements of the cabinet?  Is there a speaker grill?  

John

Edited by John_Galt_2
Removed a question I had found the answer to

PI thought using the long wall (26) feet for the Klipschorns would not allow for my Split LaScala or TV Stand in the center because of doorways in the center of each wall.  That was OK, I wanted Klipschorns on long wall.  (Way more into music than movies)

In anticipation of The Klipschorns I put the Cornwall’s on front long wall to get an idea of sound and have all wiring issues worked out ahead of time.  Judy said the room sounded better than ever with three LaScalas on front (short) wall.

Later on,  Just for fun I decided to put an unused workbench (the store bought kind of workbench people buy that don’t build their own) to work by setting the TV on it and setting it off to the side.  Well, it so happens the workbench has a shelf underneath that will accommodate the “Billy Strickland KLF Center 20”.  

I’m going to try felt pads on the legs of the workbench or casters so it can be temporarily moved in front of the doorway for TV viewing or listening when a center 

is wanted.  

I said all that to say I just might keep The Beast to team up with the Klipschorns.

I’m curious how others feel about no center on a 26 foot wall and using this speaker 

with Klipschorns.  Better off with or without?  I’m thinking a lot of U tube videos in the future, DVD’s and Vinyl of course.

Should this be moved to the technical forum.  Sorry to hijack my own thread.

Larry

Photo taken from listening position

image.jpg

• 6 months later...