Tekton Design speakers

richieb

=== trying to remain versed in most things hifi I’m reading about Tekton speakers, internet sold from Utah. Their latest and greatest and now patented 

“tweeter array” has me wondering. Can a tower speaker using 2x 10 inch woofs, 2x 6 inch mids and a tweeter array of 7x inch tweeters (one centered tweet actually serves as a tweeter only) be as coherent as say a 2-way 396 ll using a pro model 2 inch exit compression driver and gigantic (in comparison) 510 horn. Their reviews seem over the top glowing across all platforms - which I understand can be a red flag in itself. 

Tekton is using this tweeter array across several platforms of varied pricing, all models using this still with great feedback. It does give food for thought and with Jubes tucked into corners, LS1 on standby and the trigger all but pulled on the 396 mumps designs like this compete with true Pro line speakers for accurate, lifelike reproduction? And no, I’m not willing to take the plunge and then ship them back, which they offer.

• Like 1

"The Impact Monitor cabinet material is high-quality MDF," replied. "We use MDF over other materials because it is CNC machinable, sounds great when used correctly, and keeps the speaker affordable. It is no secret Tekton Design hangs its hat on affordable hi-fi. We have incorporated several internal construction techniques—including cross-bracing—to ensure [that] the speaker has a solid overall foundation and a rigid launching surface for the nine transducers."

9 hours ago, YK Thom said:

They were reviewed in Stereophile:

https://www.stereophile.com/content/tekton-design-impact-monitor-loudspeaker

interesting design.

Yes.  Tweeter arrays are one way to go.  Rudy Bozak liked them, but in a straight vertical line.  They had a very sweet string sound.  When I decided on my Klipschorns, the other contenders were the Bozak Concert Grands and the B & W 801Fs  Three very different sounds, all good.  I decided on the Klipschorns, but there was something about those approx. 8 tweeters, 2 warm midranges and 4 - 12" woofers ...

image.thumb.png.8e25e17f18c6e50eaa17812372a063d0.png

• Like 1