Best Integrated Amp Under $2000

Benjie

On 1/9/2019 at 4:56 PM, Ossidian said:

‘Thanks for sharing those links! I’ve been looking for a reasonably priced 300b amp and I’ve had good dealings with Grant Fidelity in the past. I like that you have the option of using it as an integrated or just as an amp with your own preamp. As far as I can tell it doesn’t come with remote volume control.

7 hours ago, Guy Landau said:

The H90 is a great amplifier. The streaming and DAC are first rate.

Just got a H190 myself.

I'm a tube guy but the Hegel stuff get you very close to tubes with a very liquid sound and excellent dynamics.

I’m glad to hear from another Hegel user. They’re very rare right now here in the US. I’ve never heard tubes, but am hoping to soon. The H90 makes my Cornwall’s sing. Sweet spot seems to be between 55-65 volume. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 1/3/2019 at 2:03 PM, digital_throwback said:

If you will be listening to any high res. digital (as suggested by your mention of an integrated DAC), the Cambridge Audio CXA80 is an excellent choice. That is what I have driving my Forte IIs on my 2-channel setup. The difference in the CXA80 vs. the CXA60 (other than power) is in the digital connectivity and capability to accept high res digital files directly. I have a Mac connected with asynchronous USB (which you can't do with the CXA60).

The sound is as good as I've ever heard from a pair of Fortes, and for about half of your suggested budget. I chose this integrated amp over two tube amps, including a great deal on a demo PrimaLuna.

Of course, it has that great Cambridge DAC.

When you say you chose it over two tube amps, what was the choice based on? Did you listen to all three at your place, with your speakers, level matched, in a blind test?

• 2 months later...

I would just like to say, if it's not to late.  I own a Peachtree Nova 300, for about 4 months now. Have not had issue one! How they can offer what they do, for the price? I have a 2.1 system with a CD player and a SVS 3000 sb sub and Tekton Double Impact speakers. In my shop which is 1800 square feet. I listen to them in an area 1/3 the aforementioned size. The Nova is so detailed and with PUNCH!!!!!    I also stream a lot through Amazon Prime HD and Ultra HD. I would put my simple system against any , $20000.00 system.  Yes, its a combination of components, but, the NOVA KICKS ***!!!!!! If you closed your eyes, you would be in a concert hall!!!!     My 2cents Robert TN       Soon to be buying a second unit  for another room. Listen to one, if you don't like it, send it back!!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Benjii. I heard the Peachtree Nova 300. Pretty neutral...least to my ears. Nice. Hegel I think known for very high Dampening Factor...the amount of energy the device creates that moves the woofers....Lots of people have different view points on this matter, but it somehow seems logical to me. Also check out Schiit Audio gear. Made here in USA! And pretty cool stuff, really cool actually. You could probably get Two Amps plus a preamp from them at that price and perhaps have a better sounding system. I am starting out in this journey and still have speakers and either a DAC or something to buy. I just got a vintage Mitsubishi DA A15 DC amp and preamp, my next purchase is probably Klipsch or JBL speakers, although I heard Elac and they sounded nice, but my amp I don't think will go down to 4 or less Ohms. I would like to do a 2.0 system but for Music and TV...if possible, are you doing it this way? If so how? I want to avoid getting a AVR/AVP at this point and just concentrate on separates.

• Like 1